Home

PolishAngel - Engine

Posted By: buster

PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 01:59 PM

This looks promising.

Polish Angel USA
Posted By: PimTac

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 03:13 PM

Polish Angel has gotten good reviews but I did read in some other forums that supply was hit or miss. It’s pricey as well.
Posted By: AZjeff

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 03:23 PM

It's a Frontier Buster. Not worth the effort.

shrug wink

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 04:33 PM

True, but if it does both jobs in one and it works, that's a plus. I'll use it on both cars.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by PimTac
Polish Angel has gotten good reviews but I did read in some other forums that supply was hit or miss. It’s pricey as well.

Good to know. It's pricey for a Nissan and Subaru for sure.
Posted By: billt460

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 05:10 PM

I'm not seeing it clean anything. Everything they applied it to was already spotless. The stuff looks like glorified Armor All.
Posted By: Gimpy1

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 05:54 PM

That stuff costs $29.95 for a 500ml bottle. No thanks I bought a Gallon of Simple for $8 bucks, a Quart of Aerospace 303 fo $20 bucks and a bottle of dishwashing liquid for $2 or $3 bucks. So for about the same price I can clean, degrease and protect my engine bay, with stuff I already have and use all the time.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gimpy1
That stuff costs $29.95 for a 500ml bottle. No thanks I bought a Gallon of Simple for $8 bucks, a Quart of Aerospace 303 fo $20 bucks and a bottle of dishwashing liquid for $2 or $3 bucks. So for about the same price I can clean, degrease and protect my engine bay, with stuff I already have and use all the time.

thumbsup

I hear you and that's what I've been doing. I have a bottle of Sonus Motorkote coming and already have 303. Those two products I've always used. I use Simple Green HD for a degreaser. I'm going to purchase the airless paint sprayer and use that to clean the engine going forward.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 06:44 PM

The Sonus products are excellent and are often overlooked. Their new Eclipse spray looks good too.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 07:15 PM

I think so too.

I was just looking at PA Black Bond. Really expensive and overkill for my needs. However, I do like the detailed product description.

https://www.polishangel.us/collections/black-bond/products/polishangel-black-bond

POLISHANGEL® | BLACK BOND PLASTIC & RUBBER COATING is also formulated with orgnosilane, a compound that repels water and dirt away from the surface it coats. This thin coating forms a covalent bond with your trim to actually become an extension of the plastic molecule it is protecting. It is this ultra-thin coating that restores the “like new” levels of darkness without creating a greasy sheen.

Due to its unique formulation, Black Bond does not crystallize in towels. Therefore, towels can be washed a
Posted By: demarpaint

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 07:20 PM

Interesting, but too rich for my blood.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by demarpaint

Too rich for my blood and my Jurassic Park Nissan Frontier LOL
Posted By: demarpaint

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by demarpaint

Too rich for my blood and my Jurassic Park Nissan Frontier LOL

thumbsup

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 08:46 PM

The Sonus products are excellent and are often overlooked. Their new Eclipse spray looks good too.

PimTac, have you used Meguiars Hyper Dressing?
Posted By: njohnson

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 09:24 PM

Maybe take a look at the Gtechniq product lineup?

Autogeek and Autopia carry their products.

I only tried a couple of products so far, Crystal C2V3 and the C4 Trim Restorer.

The C4 Trim Restoter is impressing me. On our Dad's 2006 Tundra, the plastic on the rear bumper and running boards was starting to fade. I could make it look good again by applying dressings and protectants. I tried 303, Optimum Opti-Bond, Blackfire Trim Restorer. They looked good until it rained or our Dad drove in the rain.

He told me to look for something that lasted longer than one month. I researched and read reviews, decided to try Gtechniq C4.
I applied it in May. I am impressed, it does not wash off in the rain like the dressings. Multiple rains now and driving through the rain, it looks like I just put it on, and the sun is not fading it either. Seriously impressive stuff.

The C2V3 is good too. Rain washes the dust off the paint, and it looks cleaner after.
Posted By: NormanBuntz

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 09:43 PM

Sorry but I thought this was about an adult film star from Poland.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by buster

PimTac, have you used Meguiars Hyper Dressing?

Nope.

Regarding the Gtechniq product line, another great choice. I understand they had some problems a few years back with certain products but they redid the formulations and I’ve heard nothing but good things since.
Posted By: SatinSilver

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/20/19 11:39 PM

I tried the Gtechniq Iron Remover and it worked like a charm. Much better than the Sonax version which kind of surprised me. Even worked better than the Iron-X gel version. It was probably the cheapest type product on Amazon and worked the best for me. Would buy again. When I bought from Amazon it was fulfilled through Palm Bach Motoring which is Autogeek.net and it's subsidiaries.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/21/19 12:59 AM

MGHD

I went with Megiuar's HD. It gets the best reviews across the board for engine, trim and tires. Great value. It is water based so it won't hold up as well but it's so easy to use. Spray and walk away. That is what I'm looking for. There are so many products in the detailing arena that are questionable. With a gallon of HD, I can use 2 spray bottles for different dilution ratios for multiple applications - engine/wheels/trim. Done deal.
Posted By: walterjay

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 08/21/19 01:00 AM

I would buy it at half the price.

Polish Engine - Review - 08/26/19 11:32 PM

I ordered a bottle of this and tried it on the Subaru. I somehow lost the before pics so I can't give you an idea of what it looked like prior to treatment. This stuff was $14.99 for 200ml. It goes a long way. I barely used any to cover the entire engine. It contains shampoo and oils. No water needed.

Pros - extremely easy to apply
cleans and protects
nice smell
leaves a beautiful matte finish

Cons - takes time due to no water use

I'm convinced that all water-based engine dressings last about the same, which isn't a long time. There is only one solution for protecting plastics with a product that will last over a year - Gyeon Trim. It's a ceramic coating for plastics. PimTac turned me on to it.

Going forward I'm perfectly fine with Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing. Far more easy to apply - spray and go. Done. Leaves a great finish at 4:1.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gofast182

Re: Polish Engine - Review - 08/27/19 06:47 PM

Beautiful uniform sheen. Please update us on how it holds up.

Re: Polish Engine - Review - 08/27/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by gofast182
Beautiful uniform sheen. Please update us on how it holds up.

I definitely will. It was applied to a new engine with 2 miles on it. Durability is what I’m interested in. It goes on so easy. I like this stuff a lot.

I have to say though nothing is easier than Hyper Dressing:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Polish Engine - Review - 10/20/19 04:12 PM

update on P Engine. I love the matte finish it leaves behind. I applied it to the door trim molding as well and it works great. It contains oils that apparently last a good 6 months I'm told. I'll have an updated photo later of the Subaru engine bay that I applied it to.

The only issue I have with this stuff is how long it would take to really clean a dirty engine. We've all seen an engine bay after a snow winter. It's almost white. The way you would tackle a job like that with Polish Engine is to spray liberally all over the engine and let it sit 2-5 minutes. Then use a brush and microfiber towel and wipe it down.

The other way of doing this job would be to hose off the engine carefully with a good degreaser like Simple Green HD, leaf blow dry, then apply Hyper-Dressing. I feel this is much more efficient. Polish Angle Engine is more for an exotic car like a Ferrari that you wouldnt want to take a hose to. However, if you maintain the engine on a weekly basis, you could use Polish Engine and keep up with it.

Here is my engine after 2.5 months of Hyper-Dressing with routine wipe downs with Meguiar's Quik Detaler, which is my go to to clean the interior. Works very well and leaves an OEM finish. I'm thought about trying Polish Angel Engine on the interior next but it will be hard to beat the Meguiar's look I feel.

Meg HD:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Polish Engine - Review - 10/20/19 04:24 PM

Here is a 2 month update on the Subaru Engine bay with Polish Engine. Nothing spectacular here. It looks and smells FANTASTIC when you first apply it, but I noticed some spotting in the pictures. What do you think?

I believe there is little you can do to keep the engine clean other than routinely clean it and it ultimately doesn't matter what products you use. In fact, I think the best way is to hose off engine (or use the airless paint sprayer method), dry with leaf blower, then clean with Meguiar's Interior Quick cleaner. Then follow up with Hyper Dressing if you want a slight sheen (5:1).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gofast182

Re: Polish Engine - Review - 10/21/19 12:35 PM

Still looks brand new to me. I'm not sure what you were expecting, it's an engine bay of a car that's driven.
Posted By: grampi

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 10/21/19 12:39 PM

I've always had excellent results using Super Clean...

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 10/21/19 01:30 PM

It looks like the Polish Angel got wet not too long after being applied.

Spotting like that is either contamination or applying too heavily. You mentioned that you applied it sparingly so the other is a possibility.

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 10/21/19 02:40 PM

I’m pretty sure it didn’t get wet. If it did it was well after I applied it. I love the way it smells though I must say.

Hyper-Dressing at 5:1 is still my favorite. Once the engine is clean you spray it and walk away. It’s hard to get to every area by hand using Polish Angel Engine.

I’ve barely used the Polish Engine as a little goes a long way.
Posted By: RTexasF

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 10/23/19 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Sorry but I thought this was about an adult film star from Poland.

LOL LOL LOL

Re: PolishAngel - Engine - 10/23/19 09:02 PM

Polski Angelski Enginski from Warsaw.
© 2019 Bob Is The Oil Guy