Consensus on Armor All??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what folks think of armor all for protecting interior plastics these days....

Is it still considered good, or have people moved on to something better?

It's ok. I use Meguiar's Natural Shine because it looks good without being too shiny. It lasts a long time and I've used it to make some rough looking spots like new. Megs also has the shinier version if that's what you like but I haven't tried it.

I don't know that it was ever considered "good." I've always hated the oil slick feeling and look.

I think the best all-rounder is Mother's VLR.

The consensus is it's crap. Try VLR or 303 Aerospace Protectant which is becoming more widely available. Both will leave a less glossy, less sticky finish.

I use 50/50 but can dilute up to 4:1 for less shine.

[Linked Image]

For interior detailing...cleaning ability & lasting protection (especially UV) are key, and are far more important than shine.

I actually like Armor All for certain things. The old school Formula 2001 was my fave,but the formula changed when it went to Formula F21. 303 was the absolute worst one of all I've tried. Years ago I stopped using vinyl and plastic "protectants" and started using leather conditioner on all interior plastics and love the long term results.

Originally Posted by Jcountry
Just wondering what folks think of armor all for protecting interior plastics these days....

303 Aerospace Protectant.

ArmorAll does not protect very well. It leaves a oily film that attracts dust and dirt and also creates a shiny surface which is not good for interiors as it creates glare and reflections.

303 is the best thing I've used on the interior. Adds a darker, rich look to all interior materials without making them look greasy. Armor All was the '70s and 80's solution. I use it to clean and shine fender well liners when I have the wheels off, and that's about it.

Originally Posted by gofast182
The consensus is it's crap.

I'll agree with that, but add that it's a little better than it used to be. I like the Meguiar's Professional Rubber & Vinyl Care.

Originally Posted by Jcountry

303 or Meguiar's.

silicone products like AA cause breakdown of plastics, which can be seen by the haze formed on the inside of the windshield. The application of a silicone product to interior plastics therefore may look appealing but also degrades what it's applied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back