Collinite 915 (aka Marque D'Elegance)

It was time to clean and rotate the tires and while I was at it, gave the Red Jelly Bean a coat of Collinite 915 (aka Marque D'Elegance). This is a really nice, old-fashioned wax. I apply and buff-out by hand. I like the feel of this wax because it feels like it's breaking away under the microfiber. It's a nice satisfying feel. It gives a nice shine and is almost as durable as the 476 which is my go-to wax -especially for winter prep.

Last August, the wheels were thoroughly cleaned and waxed with Collinite 476. The brake dust and dirt washed out of there effortlessly. The backside of the wheels were still repelling water but they got another coat of 476 for good measure.

Ray

P1020683.JPG

P1020688.JPG

Originally Posted by ZZman
Nice

Originally Posted by JC1
Yes looks good.

Thanks & thanks!... BTW: The car is a 2018 Mazda 3, 2.5L. The color is called Soul Red. Very happy with the vehicle.

Ray

I love cleaning my wheels and tires. I just rotated and cleaned my wheels yesterday. I wax my wheels with 845 once a year.

Cleaned the backside of my Regals wheels last year but didn't wax, will do this year for the annual clean up.

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Originally Posted by 2010Civic
I love cleaning my wheels and tires. I just rotated and cleaned my wheels yesterday. I wax my wheels with 845 once a year.

Originally Posted by Malo83
Cleaned the backside of my Regals wheels last year but didn't wax, will do this year for the annual clean up.

The results are rewarding but, my main reason for doing it is because the tires are being rotated and it would be kinda foolish not to. The tires are off... might as well apply some elbow grease and finish in style. I wish I had a better outdoor setup for pulling the tires and working on them. The whole process take place on a driveway with a slight slope.

Ray

Good idea! Probably not as durable but I have some Yellow Tech wax I haven't used in a few years. Plan to coat on the next rotation.

Just coated my summer wheel setup (black gloss Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in 17x8 with 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs) with some Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant before installing them.

Originally Posted by deoxy4
Good idea! Probably not as durable but I have some Yellow Tech wax I haven't used in a few years. Plan to coat on the next rotation.

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Just coated my summer wheel setup (black gloss Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in 17x8 with 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs) with some Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant before installing them.

Go for it... Just use whatever wax you have on hand. Once you get them clean and put some wax or sealer on them, they are so much easier to maintain and clean.

Ray

It was time to clean and rotate the tires and while I was at it, gave the Red Jelly Bean a coat of Collinite 915 (aka Marque D'Elegance). This is a really nice, old-fashioned wax. I apply and buff-out by hand. I like the feel of this wax because it feels like it's breaking away under the microfiber. It's a nice satisfying feel. It gives a nice shine and is almost as durable as the 476 which is my go-to wax -especially for winter prep.

Last August, the wheels were thoroughly cleaned and waxed with Collinite 476. The brake dust and dirt washed out of there effortlessly. The backside of the wheels were still repelling water but they got another coat of 476 for good measure.

Ray

View attachment 12875

View attachment 12876
That is my absolute favorite wax.
Looks amazing

Aside from this thread being from 2019, I agree with you. There are way better ceramics, graphene sealants, as well as consumer friendly spray ceramics, but this stuff is just a very nice tried and true product that still holds its own.

As friends of mine moved on to newer tech, I somehow inherited all kinds of collinite stuff.

collinite 915 is GREAT especially on darker colors as it deepens as well as shines, the best i ever used + not too difficult BUT $$$$ although a can does a lot of vehicles

Used to use Collinite. When I moved to Dallas, the life went way down. The intense Texas heat made me move to Griots Ceramic. Collinite is a Nice product for those not in the southernmost states.

Used to use Collinite. When I moved to Dallas, the life went way down. The intense Texas heat made me move to Griots Ceramic. Collinite is a Nice product for those not in the southernmost states.
I’ve used various Collin it’s waxes in the past but even outside in NJ on new cars, I couldn’t get them to last.

Back