Quick review, Sonax Liquid Hybrid NPT Wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The temperature outside hit 48F yesterday afternoon and with the autumn sun out and no rain clouds present, I figured this would be a good a chance as any to put a coat of wax on the new Mazda before the winter rains/snow kick in fully.

I washed the vehicle with Sonax Car Wash Shampoo Concentrate. I have used this in the past and I like the suds and the lubricative components of the shampoo. I used the 2BM with GG as well along with a microfiber chenille mitt. Drying the vehicle was very easy using The Rag Company’s Platinum Pluffle 20”x40” towel. I was able to lay the towel flat and pull along the bodywork drying in one pass. This towel absorbs a lot of water.

Once dry it was time for the wax. I used a 5” red foam applicator that has a indent on the sides for easier handling. I use a straight line method to apply wax instead of circular. That is to avoid circular scratches which are easier to see versus a straight scratch. The wax is a thin product. Placing 4 dots on the pad the size of large peas, I could cover one panel easily. This wax spreads very easy and fine as well so putting down a thin coat is no problem. Some have suggested to dampen the sponge to help with the application. I didn’t have any issues with the dry applicator.

I was able to coat the entire vehicle in about 15-20 minutes. Then, returning to the starting point I buffed off the haze with a plush microfiber towel. (TRC Eagle Edgeless). In less than a hour I was finished. Darkness set in around 1630 so I was fighting to finish before it became too dark to see.

I waited until 0800 this morning when there was enough light out to inspect the job and hit any missed spots. I was surprised to find only a couple of small ones. The result is a nice glossy finish that is clear. The metallic fleck is very visible up close. Silver is a hard color to really get a shine in but the Sonax wax did the job. With the combination of carnauba wax and synthetic polymers this wax has, it is very easy to get a nice shine. According to the bottle one can pretty much apply and wipe off with this wax (WOWO) which would cut the job time significantly. One of the big reasons the application was so easy imo was the thinness of the product. It really allowed me to apply a very thin coat with no effort this making the buff off super easy.

I have no doubt that this product will be durable. This wax has a silicon dioxide Nano component which should aid in durability. I will keep an eye on this and try to update on that subject.

No pics at this time. I will try later when the car is out from under the carport so as to get better lighting. It’s a bit cloudy today.

It appears that couple of hours yesterday was the best for the week. It’s already pouring down rain and dark. If this is the start of our rainy season, it will be around June before there is any clearing.

I’ll try again tomorrow.

It was raining hard today for the most part but I did run some errands. It was nice to see hardly any water on the hood of the vehicle as it was being blown off at around 35mph.

Pictures of the beading would be cool to see. Sonax is a high quality brand imo and they stand behind their products unlike some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back