Turtle Wax ICE Spay Wax vs. Lucas Slick Mist Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
After previously using the Lucas Slick Mist , I bought a bottle of the Turtle Wax ICE Spray Wax to try : Both products were easy on / easy off with the edge slightly in favor of the Lucas product . The initial difference I see is that the Turtle wax product feels more "substantial" going on and the gloss / shine is a bit deeper than the Lucas product . If the Turtle wax shine and water beading lasts longer than the Lucas product then I feel it is better trade off (versus the slightly easier on application of the Lucas product) . For those who use the Turtle Wax Spray Wax - how many weeks can you go before re-application is required ?

Interesting, Chris...Id be curious to hear about lónegvity too.

Typically, I wax a few times a year with Megs and then touch up btwn with their spray wax, but wouldn't think it durable enough to substitute for the real thing.

Hard to try anything other than Duragloss Aquawax. The first and worst one I tried years ago was Eagle One Wax as U Dry. Didn't care for that at all. I did try Megs Ultimate Spray Wax which was pretty good but still prefer the AW for ease of use and shine. When I placed an order with Duragloss I asked for a sample of the AW and they sent me a full size bottle. Hooked ever since.

Aquawax is tops. I won't mess with any other spray wax. I just spray it on after i wash the car then towel dry.

Been using the item for nine years and it holds up for anywhere from 2 to 6 months depending on circumstances. I apply every 6 months but my vehicles are garaged.

The one I like best is the ICE Liquid Polish. Unfortunately, they do t make it anymore. That was the first ICE made and sold. I've tried the ICE Spray Wax. Don't like it and now only use it for small touch ups. The one that is still available that works great is the ICE Spray Detailer. I even use the Detailer on my windshield, which I can't do with the Spray Wax, or Liquid Polish.

When applied to a well prepared surface, the TW Ice spray wax is going to outlast the Lucas spray wax every time.

That's right in line with how I like to use the products though, as I only use the TW Ice spray wax when I want to apply a protective layer of wax to a surface which does not have one (or has had its wax recently stripped off), and I want to do it quickly and easily. A couple of examples of this scenario would be using it on the wheels after they've just been thoroughly cleaned with some strong wheel cleaner or degreaser, and the front fascia after being scrubbed clean of bug guts using copious amounts of bug & tar cleaner. (Both surfaces would be dry before application of the TW Ice Spray Wax of course).

On the other hand, I use the Lucas spray wax almost every time I wash the car (avg 5-6 times a month) as a touch-up wax. It is more of a booster wax than a stand-alone wax for me, as it that gets applied on top of the existing protective layer of sealant/wax while the car is still wet from the car wash water. Typically, I will spray each body panel with the Lucas product while they are still wet, and then run a single towel over all of them to spread the product and remove the majority of water (wringing it out often though). To finish it up, I will then use a separate MF towel(s) to dry each body panel and do the final buffing of the Lucas product to bring out the shine.

My car is black, so it doesn't suffer fussy spray products very well, and both of these spray waxes have done very well by me and my car so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back