03 WRX 203k miles P.P. 5w40 Euro

Latest UOA from my sons WRX. The switch from VR1 10w30 to Pennzoil Platinum 5w40 Euro seems like it was a good move. The car is a daily driver and sees WOT alot.
[Linked Image]

You can't really make apples-to-apples comparisons between the two due to the work that was done as referenced in the notes. However, it looks like everything is wearing well, at least from my untrained eye, especially for 203k miles. Sounds like a fun car!

The only work that was ever done since we got the car at about 190k miles was valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, and a few other miscellaneous gaskets. These results are the from the third oil change did on it. First two were running VR1 , didn't get a sample from the second oil change, and after the less than stellar report last time we switched over to the PP Euro. I'm pleased with the results so far.

This oil is pricey between $9-$10 per quart and I didn't see it in 5 Quart bottles anywhere. It was on my radar for a while waiting for price drop notification via Price Alert App. to no avail. So I bought 5 Quarts of M1 0W-40 instead which came out to about $4.50 per Quart.

There's absolutely zero way to tell whether one was better than the other with one data point each, though it sure looks like the PPE is doing well.

Back