2018 Silverado 5.3L M1 AFE 0W-20 5,065

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA on my new Silverado. The OLM was at 32%. I think there was some fuel dilution since the viscosity was low. TBN was still really good.

DF1D36AD-E9D3-4D60-9CB2-36D99055F1A7.jpeg

TBN does look good.

I have the same truck/engine, I usually change the oil at 5,000 miles and there's usually 35% oil life remaining. Right now I'm running Rotella Gas Truck 0w20 with the PF63E filter. I use around 1/2 a quart to 3/4 a quart in 5,000 miles. I do occasionally smell fuel in the oil (I run a catch can).

Looks pretty normal for an L83 with low miles …
Think I might cap my two around 6k if they are thinning the 0w20

The engine is young, so it's too early to tell anything specific. I assume it's only on it's third OFCI ... Break-in is likely still present to some degree.

There is nothing alarming in the UOA. There is something I find unappealing in dumping premium syns in 5k miles ... but to each his own.

Looks good. Like Railrust I'm currently running the Shell RGT 0W20 in mine but with a Bosch 3502 filter. I'm currently at about 38% and 4800 miles, I usually change at 5K but I'm going to run this one to about 6-7K. Mine burned 1/2 quart of the AcDelco 0W20 used in the first dealer change but hasn't used anything since, either the Napa 0W20 or the RGT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Macsignals
Looks good. Like Railrust I'm currently running the Shell RGT 0W20 in mine but with a Bosch 3502 filter. I'm currently at about 38% and 4800 miles, I usually change at 5K but I'm going to run this one to about 6-7K. Mine burned 1/2 quart of the AcDelco 0W20 used in the first dealer change but hasn't used anything since, either the Napa 0W20 or the RGT.

I've used the Napa 0w20 Synthetic in the past on this truck and other cars, seemed fine but I'm not a big fan of the additive pack. It's priced right though, but you just can't beat the price on this RGT, especially with the rebate. I'm paying around $2.25 a quart for the Rotella Gas Truck right now...been doing it all year...going to keep doing it till the rebate runs out at the end of the year. Then I have no idea what will be my go to oil.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

How many months on that oil?

Replace one of those quarts with M1 5W30 and go 7K at least.

Dumping way too soon, K20

This oil went in on May 9.

I also didn't burn any noticeable oil on this run either.

I'm going to run the OLM out this time and check it again in the future. It seems to be fine following it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back