2013 Nissan Rogue, 5,100 miles, Supertech Conv

Status
Not open for further replies.
The left column is mislabeled as Motorcraft when it's actually Supertech Conventional 5w-30. The right column is properly labeled.

The oil was in service for approximately 4.5 months. No oil was added during the OCI.

Comparing the two, it appears the Supertech maintained viscosity much better than Motorcraft.

Last edited:
Or because this sample was taken in the the summer (as opposed to after winter) your fuel dilution was not an issue. Hard to tell the reason without knowing if there was fuel, viscosity degradation isn't necessarily due to shear.

Nice and thanks! Looks like ST is a better oil, across the board. Did you get a TBN by chance?

Kind of raises the question of what is happening for all the folks that are using MC 5w20 for 10k and how much it's thinning down.

Originally Posted By: JLTD
Nice and thanks! Looks like ST is a better oil, across the board. Did you get a TBN by chance?

Kind of raises the question of what is happening for all the folks that are using MC 5w20 for 10k and how much it's thinning down.

The base number is listed at the bottom of the report. 2.1 for both.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
What's with the 125ppm of Na in the MC sample? What oil did you run 3 intervals ago?

This was discussed heavily when I posted my original UOA. It was whatever fill the Nissan dealership uses, but I believe they use Mobil conventional.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TheOilWizard
What's with the 125ppm of Na in the MC sample? What oil did you run 3 intervals ago?

This was discussed heavily when I posted my original UOA. It was whatever fill the Nissan dealership uses, but I believe they use Mobil conventional.

Gotcha. I missed that thread.
thumbsup2.gif

silicon looks quite high to me.

I'll have half that much silicon at twice the interval and i drive a lot of gravel roads.

might want to give the intake a once-over and make sure nothing is loose.

Originally Posted By: JLTD

The base number is listed at the bottom of the report. 2.1 for both.

D'oh, thanks I missed it.

Nice! Do u know which version of ST this is? Warren or citgo? I guess it would help to know which state u live in

People hate on ST oil but its actually name brand solid oil. Plus now it has dexos approval so there is no reason not to run those at the price per gallon.
If ST had CK-4 oil 15-40, Id run it in heart beat. Fin send it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back