Posted By: The Critic
2017 Honda CR-V 1.5T, Mobil 1 EP 0W-20, 10,188 mi - 06/08/18 02:52 PM
Background info and general thoughts:
- This oil fill was installed at the vehicleís first oil change, which took place at 9,382 miles.
- At the time of oil sampling, the vehicle had been driven for more than 30 minutes at highway speeds. OLM was at 5% remaining. A Genuine Honda Oil Filter (A02) was used for the duration of this oil fill.
- At the time of oil sampling, the oil level was not abnormally high.
- Driving style consists of many short 5-10 mile trips in-town, however, the vehicle sees several 150 mi highway trips each month.
- I confirmed using the Honda J2534 rewrite tool that the vehicle has the latest engine calibration installed.
- Bearing wear appears to be controlled and the oxidation/nitration numbers are quite favorable. Despite the high fuel dilution, the oil appears to be doing its job very well.