AMSOIL SSO 5W20 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had 1 of the 2 thermostats were slightly stuck open in this UOA so that is why Nitration is high. This was also just a Sample not a full change out.

Outstanding! You usually don't see UOA's with such low or lack thereof partial counts. Looks better than a very good Toyota engine.

Just looked up the ASTM D6304 test and here is what it says for Unit of measure...

"This test method covers the direct determination of water in the range of 10 to 25 000 mg/kg entrained water in petroleum products and hydrocarbons using automated instrumentation. This test method also covers the indirect analysis of water thermally removed from samples and swept with dry inert gas into the Karl Fisher titration cell."

More on it here: http://testoil.com/services/oil-analysis/karl-fischer-water/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rat407
Nice report!

thankyou2.gif

Since when does a Chrysler 2.4L do 3 ppm Fe in 4,700 miles?
Unheard of. Wow.
Anybody know what Blackstone's Universal Averages are for this engine? Bet its more like 2 ppm per 1,000 miles, so average for that OCI would be around 10 ppm iron.....

Is the date right on this UOA? I see it's from over a year ago.

The KF PPM is a fueling condition reflective the polymer's and fuel additives and O-H bonds stretching.

Mr. Quakers, 592 is closer to the upper end of what Terry Dyson says is acceptable in an engine.

Mr. Cedrone, do you have a baseline for the FTIR signature on this sample?

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
.06% is the upper limit?

Yes,

Terry's thresholds are 300ppm as the lower end of acceptable and 700~ as the max. Granted one thing that can be difficult to measure here because we're splitting hairs, is the labs accuracy.

In order to properly access those conditions, the lab's KF titration machine has to be extremely accurate. There's only a select few labs that provide that level of accuracy, Test Oil being one of them.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Since when does a Chrysler 2.4L do 3 ppm Fe in 4,700 miles?
Unheard of. Wow.
Anybody know what Blackstone's Universal Averages are for this engine? Bet its more like 2 ppm per 1,000 miles, so average for that OCI would be around 10 ppm iron.....

He's using a solid oil, filter, air filter, fuel additive and fuel. Depending on driving style 3ppm is completely achievable and should be the norm for what we see on here. Would be nice to see more UOAs like this.

Mr. Cedrone, do you have a more recent UOA for this unit you could share?

I'm about to run one in the next couple of months. Just hadn't had a chance to do it because I had some other problems with the Journey I just remedied that would affect the oil that's in the crankcase now and want a fresh run with 0 CEL codes to be sure it's accurate.

Terry is fantastic, no hiding under a seat, I'd be bragging about getting his services on here. Seriously.

Were they covered under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back