Subaru Syn 5w-30 - 5270 mi - 2011 Subaru WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another UOA on my 2011 WRX, at about 26k miles. Boring UOA, pretty much the same as last time. The TBN was a little lower but nothing to worry about, once again shows that in my driving situation at least, this oil is safe for 5000 +/- mile UOAs. I still don't think I'd want to do the manufacturer required 7500 miles, though.

Probably won't bother getting another one again for a while at this rate, unless I forget that it's unnecessary.

Just like last time, these results seem to show that there's nothing wrong with a decent sun 5w-30 in these engines for street use to keep the warranty intact, and that the Subaru branded 5w-30 is a decent syn. Agree/disagree?

11WRX-030913_zpsb14e7b2d.png

Originally Posted By: rationull

Just like last time, these results seem to show that there's nothing wrong with a decent sun 5w-30 in these engines for street use to keep the warranty intact, and that the Subaru branded 5w-30 is a decent syn. Agree/disagree?

IMO, it's not something that cannot be determined from a few, or even several, uoa's. I had good uoa's and blew a turbo. There have been good uoa 's on blown engines. Yes, your application produced good uoa results with Subaru synthetic and no contamination was found.

C'mon. Go for 7,500 miles!
55.gif

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: bluesubie

IMO, it's not something that cannot be determined from a few, or even several, uoa's. I had good uoa's and blew a turbo. There have been good uoa 's on blown engines. Yes, your application produced good uoa results with Subaru synthetic and no contamination was found.

C'mon. Go for 7,500 miles!
55.gif

-Dennis

Fair point, of course, although there are lots of causes for blown turbos and engines besides bad oil. My point is that there aren't any signs this oil is "beat up" -- viscosity is still fine, flash point is in line, etc. I see no indication that this is any worse than other oils that are available.

Not gonna try for 7500!

Nice looking report! It looks like your engine is trending quite a bit better than mine. I say with a report like that you should be clear for 7,500 mile OCI's.

I've been doing 7,500 mile OCI on mine since 7,500 miles on the odometer and my engine is still running like a champ. I'm pretty sure yours will too.
thumbsup2.gif

Standby I should be posting a new 7,500 mile UOA in about three weeks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Whats the deal with all these REALLY BORING uoa's.

mad.gif

WHERE DID THE DEBATE, CONFUSION, AND CONTROVERSY GO!

Maybe its just me.

Maybe I should try 7500 miles on some 20w-50 SJ conventional. That would fix this issue, most likely.

lol.gif
Just kidding.
It just seems that there are no bad UOA's anymore, just like unless you don't read pqia, theres no bad oils either.
This is all starting to look easy.
Not necessarily a "problem", just different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back