Signature to not include bbcode in limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if there is a way to adjust the signature so that bbcode does not count toward the 150 character limit.

This is how I want my signature to look, and the shown signature itself is only 146 characters:

2012 xB: AZ 0w-20 syn, CQ Blue Filter, 5k OCI
2002 F150: Havoline HM 5w-20, Ecogard Filter, 5k OCI
1994 VT1100: Peak 15w-40, TG Filter, 2.5k OCI

This is what the above looks like in code:
Code:
2012 xB: AZ 0w-20 syn, CQ Blue Filter, 5k OCI

2002 F150: Havoline HM 5w-20, Ecogard Filter, 5k OCI

1994 VT1100: Peak 15w-40, TG Filter, 2.5k OCI

Since the code counts towards total count, I can't do it. It counts as 206 characters.

My current signature only shows 130 characters:

'12 xB: AZ 0w20/CQ Blue Filter/5k OCI
'02 F150: Havoline HM 5w20/Ecogard Filter/5k OCI
'94 VT1100: Peak 15w40/TG Filter/2.5k OCI

but the actual count with the code is 150.

If there is no way to have it ignore the code portion for character count, can we have it raised some, maybe 200?

I don't know enough about the bbcode to comment if it's possible or not; a bit more room for signatures would be helpful though. Send a mod a message?

The limit is an anti-spam feature, not sure if the mods would raise it, and it's a pure character count (as you know) because code is plain text.

Live with one colour or use some abbreviations to get your message across.

Rather than posting here, you should be contacting a Mod via PM or some other more direct method. They are busy and may not read every post.

Or you could try to get someone to use the [Notify] button to get their attention. Not me; I save it for actual posts that are illegal by the forum rules, but it would work.

I have the blue already, but was wanting to match each vehicle in the sig with the color of the actual vehicle.
I know, stupid, petty thing.

Before I got the bike, I had enough space to do it (each vehicle it's own color), but with 3, not enough space.
I understand a limit, it keeps the sigs from getting too out of hand, but 150 with code included is not a lot.

With a 200 limit I could fit this:

'12 xB: AZ 0w-20/CQ Blue Filter/5k OCI
'02 F150: Havoline HM 5w-20/Ecogard Filter/5k OCI
'94 VT1100: Peak 15w-40/TG Filter/2.5k mile OCI

edit: and as to why I posted here instead of PM, I wanted to see if others also agreed.
This subforum is for board problems (at least that is what a lot of the posts are for) and admin has responded.

Last edited:
With Wayne's suggestion of one colour and you explaining your reasoning, the solution is clear. Paint all your vehicles the same colour.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
With Wayne's suggestion of one colour and you explaining your reasoning, the solution is clear. Paint all your vehicles the same colour.
wink.gif

And for perfect match, make sure it is one of the 70 colors available on BITOG.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back