A few reports on my 2002 f250 7.3 navistar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to share my reports with everyone here, I'm mostly a lurker here but thought this info could help. I have several reports which all have been with Ameriguard 10-30 oil and arch oil additive except for the second report which is Delo 10-30xle. The last report is just oil with no arch oil. I do have an oil bypass filter on this pickup, but with all reports everything stayed the same with regular filter and changing out bypass, also fuel and coolant filter. I live in country and don't drive hardly on pavement and do some towing. Sorry it's so long but I'd like to thank Newton for all the information on oil analysis and 10-30 in a 7.3 or 6 engine, I took the info and ran with it. Hope you enjoy thanks

53A528B4-53B0-4AFA-86F9-18707D47C4FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Generally the Fe wear metals are staying consistent at or slightly above 2ppm/1k miles; excellent wear.
Other wear metals are so low that they are just noise; nothing to concern yourself with.
Contamination is low otherwise; no coolant or silica getting in. TBN strong.
Given mostly off-road use, the air filter is doing particularly well; don't mess with it!

The Archoil probably is doing nothing for wear, but if you feel it's helping with "stichion", that's up to you to decide if you want to continue its use or not. I don't see it hurting anything; whether it helps the injectors or not I cannot tell you. Running a BP filter element can certainly help push out the OCIs; I'd say continue a few at 10k miles, then push up in 5k increments, with UOAs along the way. As long as the wear metals stay "in control", then you're good!

Almost 200k miles on the engine; she is just now getting broke in! The ol' 7.3L is a stalwart with a strong reputation for good reason; they just run and run. Every once in a while you'll have to replace some sensors (cam position; ICP; IPR, etc), and the oil cooler o-rings and turbo pedestal o-rings will eventually need replaced, but other than that, it's just a great running engine. Most anything that has to be replaced on these engines is easily accessed externally. Just a simple engine to work on, overall. Love these engines; my son had an F250 7.3L that had 275k on it when we sold her. Engine ran great; ferrous oxide cancer was eating the body alive; they don't call this the rust belt for nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back