New Rad needed Nissens vs APDI

Need a need rad for my BMW. APDI is the lowest price, with the Nissens about $40 more.

Nissens seems like a quality company based in Europe. Anyone have any expeience with APDI? My guess is China made unit?

Any feedback appreciated.

I have had very good results with Nissens radiators and heater cores. When I pulled the dash in by B4 Audi Cabriolet, I used Nissens to replace a plugged original Behr. Same deal on my Audi A6-C4. Nissens heater core. Did this years ago and (knock on wood) no problems. I also installed Nissens radiators too.

AIRC I had to special order from Nissens. I may have used Ebay.de. I do recall the A6 heater core had to come from Europe.

Yes, I went that far to use Nissens rather than the China crap.

The South African Behr radiator from FCPeuro is an excellent choice. I have a SA Behr radiator in my Vanagon installed over ten years ago. Be sure and confirm the radiator was made in South Africa. Behr moved production to China several years ago. The SA radiator could be older inventory (great) or mislabeled older county of origin information not updated and indeed a China made radiator (not very good)

Originally Posted by Audios
Nissens is an OE manufacturer, we use them all the time. Ive never heard of the APDI.

Okay, Nissens it is. TKS to all

Originally Posted by DB_Cooper

The South African Behr radiator from FCPeuro is an excellent choice. I have a SA Behr radiator in my Vanagon installed over ten years ago. Be sure and confirm the radiator was made in South Africa. Behr moved production to China several years ago. The SA radiator could be older inventory (great) or mislabeled older county of origin information not updated and indeed a China made radiator (not very good)

I installed a SA Behr last year and am not impressed with it.

While it hasn't leaked, it's slightly warped, despite arriving in an undamaged box, still strapped to the packaging.

Some of the fins aren't straight, and since I was pressed for time to get the car into service, I went ahead with it, but only recently noticed that one row of fins on the front side is completely mashed.

It was made in late 2017, and from the ground-off Roundels, obviously came off the same line meant for BMW. I'd think it wouldn't pass Behr QC, never mind BMW's.

I still have time to consider warrantying it, but aside from the hassle, I'd have to cover the cost of return shipping and replacement coolant.

Back