5.0 oil leak f150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found an oil leak on the passenger side of the engine. Looks like it's not far from a couple sensors or the oil filler cap. The cap was secure and the oil was in the normal range. No drips on the driveway, but oil on the engine. Any ideas what it is and what a shop would charge to fix it. 2014 F 150

Start by degreasing the engine. Then it will be much easier to then look over the engine and determine the source. Anything less is just guessing and so would someone giving you a dollar figure on the repair cost.

Last edited:
I will have to try that. Wasn't sure if this type of leak was a known problem with the 5.0

Maybe a F150 web site would be a better place to ask for a diagnosis.

The most common are the oil pressure senders on the filter housing. Besides that, valve cover gaskets are not uncommon on the Coyotes. I had one leak internally past the spark plug tube seal which I caught when doing an early spark plug change.

Last edited:
Oh ok. I don't think it's on the filter housing. How much would a dealership charge for a valve cover gasket. It got like 62000 miles just out of warranty

Enough to where you would want to pay to have them diagnose it if you do not feel comfortable doing the work yourself. They will clean it all up and add UV dye to the oil to look for the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back