Circle D for 4L80E

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to order the 278 MM converter tomorrow and have a couple questions. Do I use a dished LQ flexplate and the stock spacer? Is the stamped front a good choice or should I opt for the billet front option?

I guess you just assume everyone remembers your truck and such but it might be a good idea to put that info in here.

4100 lb 500-550 hp and tq
2000 4l80
2001 LQ 6.0L
Blueprinted 4l80

Last edited:
You will need a 4L60E/6L80E dished flexplate......No spacer required! The early "Revolver" style ('98-'00) are the strongest OE flexplates.

Stock LSx/4L80E applications used a flat flexplate & a spacer, But Circle D uses 278mm 4L60E front covers to make their HP converters.

I wouldn't bother with a Billet cover on a HP series unit.....Step-up to the Pro Series ito get a better converter to go with a Billet cover.

Disable the PWM TCC apply & don't lock it under WOT.....And a stock front cover will be fine for a long time!

[Linked Image]

Is this the revolver?

That's the "Bean" style
smile.gif
which ran from 2001 to 2007. I wouldn't call them weak though, In fact it's stronger than the 2007-2013 "Hard Bend" style.

Hard Bend style, I call it that because the dish is very pronounced!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

CLine I talked to Chris? @ circle D today. The stamped case is fully rated to 550/550 the billet front half option boosts it to 750/750. He also mentioned to disable WOT PWM TCC.
I want to ask you the following questions.
Why are we disabling lock up @ WOT?
On the rare occasion that the go pedal hits the floor what is the hot rod going to feel like or don't you notice that it's not locked?
When we dyno we always lock them up... this won't hurt it will it?

Locking the converter on a chassis dyno improves power numbers.....But, You mash the pedal with the converter already locked on the dyno which is much different than having the converter lock-up during a WOT pull on the street.

With a docile converter like the HP series....You won't notice much difference & the TC clutch will live a lot longer.

Ok got it thanks.
That is a good company to work with. He Gave me $100 off and a bunch of bling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back