What is high output AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am looking at new heater hoses for my 98 Expedition 5.4, there are 2 options for inlet hoses. They look identical in the pictures, but 1 is twice as much money as the other and the one that is twice as much is labeled as high output AC.
What does that mean and how would I know which I have?

Originally Posted by Fitz98
As I am looking at new heater hoses for my 98 Expedition 5.4, there are 2 options for inlet hoses. They look identical in the pictures, but 1 is twice as much money as the other and the one that is twice as much is labeled as high output AC.
What does that mean and how would I know which I have?

My guess would be that one is thicker than the other and can handle a higher pressure.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
High output AC is an alternative name for auxiliary AC, meaning rear as well as front AC.

Thanks BD. It looks like both the different hose options have the extra junction off the T that goes to rear AC. One designates High output AC, the other looks the same, but does not designate high output A/C

The hoses I was looking at are from Parts Geek. I called them, but they did not help much, but they did explain that they have multiple suppliers and warehouses, so it is possible that either the picture of the less expensive inlet hose was not really as shown in the picture (With the Aux heater hose) or that the other supplier they have, listed has their same hose priced more expensive. They don't use OEM part numbers either, so it is hard to cross reference.
The same issue with PCV valve and grommet...2 listings, same part picture, different part numbers, different prices.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is there only one inlet hose option with Auxillary AC, or could there be more than 1?

Looking at Rockauto, all of the hoses for high output (or "with aux. heater") look much different than the hoses without high output/aux heater. I'd say the problem is Parts Geek's website has the incorrect photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back