Home

KYB Excel-G

Posted By: The Critic

KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 12:11 AM

This is the first time that I have seen KYBs being made in Taiwan. Usually it is USA or Japan.

The build quality and paint work were excellent though. Ride quality was surprisingly good, too.
Posted By: SatinSilver

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 12:15 AM

Did these go on the landlady's Lexus?
Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 12:22 AM

I've seen Thailand and Taiwan on KYB shocks before. Spain, Mexico, and Germany, too.
Posted By: PandaBear

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 12:40 AM

Toyota is made locally in Taiwan, if you are lucky they are OEM.
Posted By: 229

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 01:46 AM

Outsourcing for the bottom line Mike. They are better than Red Ryder and Monroe.
Posted By: Snagglefoot

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 04:34 AM

The thing about it is, these are modern high speed factories. They aren't kids sitting on sidewalk putting together KYB shocks.
Posted By: Char Baby

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 08:46 AM

I was watching an "AvE" tool video and he mentions the quality differences between China & Taiwan and states that Taiwan is much preferable over China. Just saying!
Posted By: Zee09

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I was watching an "AvE" tool video and he mentions the quality differences between China & Taiwan and states that Taiwan is much preferable over China. Just saying!

Absolutely. In machine tools Taiwan made is like the old USA made.
Taiwan can make some great products!
Posted By: The Critic

Re: KYB Excel-G - 06/08/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
I've seen Thailand and Taiwan on KYB shocks before. Spain, Mexico, and Germany, too.

Interesting. Good to know.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Did these go on the landlady's Lexus?

Yes, for the rear. The passenger front received an OE strut from Lexus.

Originally Posted By: 229
Outsourcing for the bottom line Mike. They are better than Red Ryder and Monroe.

Yep. KYBs have been ok, but I am finding that they seep oil after a few years of service. Seep, not leak. However, it does not seem to affect their performance.
© 2019 Bob Is The Oil Guy