Rear struts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have never been replaced and the car does bounce! Does this affect the front end or brakes? And do I need an alignment if they are replaced? The fronts were replaced .

Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
the rears? couple mechs told me no. judt front affects tires ect

If the rear end is bouncing around like basketball, then the rear tires are going to wear prematurely.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
the rears? couple mechs told me no. judt front affects tires ect

If the rear end is bouncing around like basketball, then the rear tires are going to wear prematurely.

not that bad.. but it does bounce

Time to replace them. Also, quick struts are awesome
smile.gif

Get the Monroe quick struts

I feel all four corners are equally important even if the front does see most of the abuse and does most of the work "steering, weight of the engine, braking and first to hit a hole or curb" I would say good struts/springs in the rear would prevent excessive wear on the front end by preventing nosediving at sudden or frequent hard stops.

If the car is bouncing around then it's time. After 230k in Mass I'd say they've done quite well.

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
I feel all four corners are equally important even if the front does see most of the abuse and does most of the work "steering, weight of the engine, braking and first to hit a hole or curb" I would say good struts/springs in the rear would prevent excessive wear on the front end by preventing nosediving at sudden or frequent hard stops.

car does not nosedive what so ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back