‘09 2500 Chevy 6.0 gas—coding bad O2 sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine light came on this week. No change in how the truck runs or gas mileage as far as I can tell so far.
Just had time to run to AZ to have them check the code...it gave multiple codes...showing 2 of the O2 sensors as bad for bank 1 and bank 2 in multiple places.
(I have not disconnected the battery to reset, but it has been off and on at least 10 times since the check engine light first came on...also, gas cap was appropriately tight. 95k miles.)
So could I have two O2 sensors that went bad at the same time?
Could this be indicative of anything else going on?
If this is the case, and I have it repaired, what’s it going to cost me?

Never mind...researching online, I see that I need the exact codes to even start diagnosing and even then, could be a wide range of possibilities.

A few wild guesses . I think most O2 sensors now have electric heaters .

I would first check the fuses & see if any are blown . If so , visually check the wiring for damage . If damaged , I would unplug all of them , replace fuse / fuses U see if the fuses held . If so , I would check voltage at the connector of 1 & if voltage ( on the larger 2 wires ) is good , plug it back in . See if it blows the fuse again . Repeat for all of the sensors .

If no fuses have blown , I would clear codes and drive it .

Or , go to YouTube and look up South Main Auto channel . Look for a video of Eric O. testing O2 sensors .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back