silverado heater issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday my 2006 "garage queen" Silverado did something new. I warmed up the truck, turned on the heat and drove a few miles with the heat working. I noticed I was getting cold air out of the driver side vents after about 5 miles, its equipped with the dual zone temperatures. well the passenger side worked correctly however the driver side blew out cold air. I turned the heat off/on several times with no good results. after I made a stop and restarted the truck after a few hours it was working as it should again. this is the first time this has ever happened. extremely well maintained/over maintained truck. 92,xxx on the clock. any ideas ?

Also on a side note.. likely unrelated, the battery gauge on my truck usually reads right about/above 14 and the battery is 2 years old. I hook up a trickle charger about once a month to keep the "garage queen" topped up on juice.. I have noticed the last two outings in the truck that the gauge has been reading at a higher level than usual. even after 20+ minutes of running.. I can account for a higher read as its topping the battery up after sitting for some time. Ive owned the truck since 2006, second owner and like to think I know its behavior fairly well.

again, ideas ?

that crossed my mind, so with dual zones, the trucks going to have two blender doors ? are these both on the same unit ? like if I get it replaced does it cover both sides.. I don't know much about this topic im afraid.. two years ago the blender door on my Milan did the same thing.. $245 the car was happy again..

so just have them done as needed ? (are they easy to access ? shop job labor ) or do them both in one shot ? thanks for the input

Here's a video to help understand GM's dual zone climate controls and various blend doors and how to get to them.

My 2006 Silverado does the same thing once or twice a year, The left temperature blend door will swing out of it's calibrated range.....Shutting the engine off & restarting will correct it.

It's done this for years.....I'm still on the original blend door actuators at over 370,000 miles.

Unless it's starts doing it often....I would leave it be!!!

Re-Calibrate before even looking under the dash.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj4mceLto_ZAhVuplkKHTKkCocQtwIIKTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgrF8aRtgu1I&usg=AOvVaw2fziVjuNHdmzftWGfrlYfD

I have a Traverse that was acting up. Thought it was a bad blend door actuator. But resetting the controls fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back