Aisin parts Genuine Toyota OEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna have to put another clutch master cylinder in my Corolla since the Oreilly ones are absolute junk.

I found this one online with the same part number as the OEM Toyota for $70 less!

http://www.autohausaz.com/pn/3141012381

Here is a link to an OEM one.

http://parts.bernarditoyota.com/parts/19...p;siteid=216017

Can I assume they are the same??? Apparently Toyota owns 30% of Aisin.
21.gif

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:
In general, yes. In this case, it most likely is.

There may be applications that the Aisin is NOT the OE part because of the supply chain variables, but it will be a quality part and you can use it with confidence. Sometimes aftermarket Aisin parts will arrive and you will find a spot where the Toyota OE p/n is ground off; on some parts it's cast right into it and only removed later if it is sold aftermarket vs. shipped for OE assembly.

Yeah, I buy a lot of Aisin parts for my Toyotas, generally what I receive is a part with the Toyota logo ground off. Never have I seen a part that is not identical to the one I am replacing.

With European cars you generally know who makes the part and usually those manufacturers sell the part independently from the OEM. That's a bit less certain for Asian manufacturers but for some ones (such as Aisin) it's a pretty good bet. Bottom line I would have no hesitation to install that cylinder on my car even if it wasn't the OEM - which I doubt. Aisin makes superb parts. I use them even when they aren't OEM such as on my Honda.

Thanks guys. I ordered it. Hopefully this is the last one. The Oreilly lifetime slave and master cylinders lasted 1 year before leaking.

And if Aisin doesn't make the part, they'll rebox the OE supplier with their label - they seem to do with with Subaru and Honda water pumps - there might be a Aisin stamp on it but the same markings as the OEM Yamada part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back