Mixing different brands and types of oil does it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixing different brands and type of oil I just brought a old backhoe thinking about just using what I have around to do the oil change which Delco 400 /T6 / some other

My ocd tells me to not mix’s and always run straight what ever type and brand . Which is why I have a bunch of brand new different 1 gal oils.

Would it cause any issues ? I love using the T6 but want to use up some of my other figured old case would be a good candidate

As long as they are all suitable for Diesel engines there shouldn't be a problem. We are subject to this incredible advertising barrage that that someone’s oil is the best and everyone else is no good. If you want, mix it all together in a couple of disposable turkey pans and leave it for a few days. If nothing happened then scoop the Frankenbrew into the engine.
49.gif

SF

Last edited:
Use it up. Too many people, even strictly speaking of members here, mix oils like crazy to say it does any real harm. I don't do it willingly but don't jump through hoops to avoid it when necessary, either.

This old Case has probably seen 15W-40 throughout its working life.
I'd be disinclined to use a premium HDEO like T6 in it. Seems like a bit of a waste.
I'd buy enough 15W-40 to have a sufficient quantity for the change.
Works fine and is pretty cheap.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
This old Case has probably seen 15W-40 throughout its working life.
I'd be disinclined to use a premium HDEO like T6 in it. Seems like a bit of a waste.
I'd buy enough 15W-40 to have a sufficient quantity for the change.
Works fine and is pretty cheap.

+1 … Delo or Delvac … don’t look back …

All of my new (and old) farm tractors all get whatever 15W-40 is the cheapest/on sale/free whatever.
It's all pretty much the same.

Yes it’s a case engine and it’s more the ocd why I don’t like mixing but I’m thinking I’ll be buying delco or delvac as it a old beat up backhoe that I’m slowly fixing up

You’ll be fine. I’ve put two gallons of Mobil1 Delvac and a gallon of Rotella T6 in my Cummins before without issue. Just wanted to use what was readily available at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back