Peak 15w40 BlueDef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peak 15W-40 Blue DEF? Blue DEF is not HDEO, it is Diesel Exhaust Fluid.

Which is it?

This?

peak_hd_15w40_sb_1gal-pp.png

or this?

If it is the first bottle, then that is a good deal.

11407951_bdf_bd4mb53g_pri_larg.jpg

I had to go look at my jug, this is what it looks like. In small letters it says 'from the makers of' Blue DEF..lol.

$4.75 a gallon plus Tax.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I had to go look at my jug, this is what it looks like. In small letters it says 'from the makers of' Blue DEF..lol. $4.75 a gallon plus Tax.
Scoop it up (heck of a deal!).

Peak, BlueDEF, etc are "Old World Industries" offerings; they have a diverse product lineup.

That's a great deal on HDEO, regardless of who makes it.

I've used Peak products many times before; always got great UOAs from them. No reason to suspect this would not be as good as their other offerings.

Peak is often found at AAP for good deals; it's a marketing relationship that has developed over several years.

Last edited:
Not listed on the website spec sheet, but you can get a hint because it's on the approved list for Ford PSD.
It has to be at least 1000ppm P. A balanced add pack would then probably have 1100-1300 Z.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Is Ford's performance spec solely based upon phosphorus content (I mean above and beyond being an HDEO in the first place)?
Today, yes. Tomorrow, who knows? Ford has never disclosed the criteria needed to meet the new Powerstroke -F1 specification, so it remains a guessing game. I stocked up on CJ-4 to weather their "irrational storm".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back