Schaeffer's new trans fluid 239s15w-40 super lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schaeffer's 239s15w40 Supreme Super Lube Multi Season
"Super Lube Supreme Multi-Season is a high performance, para-synthetic, multi-grade fluid that is specially formulated to provide superior protection and performance in transmissions, torque convertors, final drives, hydraulics and wet brakes as well as machines with combined systems in Caterpillar and other OEM front end loaders, haul trucks, dozers and other heavy duty off-road equipment used in the construction and mining industries that are operated in wide ambient temperature ranges.
Super Lube Supreme Multi-Season is specially formulated and engineered to meet and exceed the rigorous specifications of Caterpillar’s TO-4M specification. Super Lube Supreme Multi-Season is also recommended for applications with the following original equipment manufacturer requirements:"
Allison C-4
Komatsu Micro-Clutch
Vickers 35VQ25"

Last edited:
Independent Schaeffer's Oil produces excellent lubricant products.

"Micron Moly® is a liquid soluble type of moly that plated itself to the metal surfaces of the various components, thus forming a solid lubricant film that is able to withstand pressures up to 500,000 lbs. per square inch.'

The only complaint I have is the use of the term, "plating" and it is not a criticism of Scheaffer's but the use of the term in general.

MoDTC, because of it's polarity, "attaches" itself to surfaces and the result is that it forms a set of "sheet-like" interfaces, analogous to a set of plastic coated playing cards.

If the implication is that of electroless plating, also known as chemical or auto-catalytic plating, this is a non-galvanic plating method that involves several simultaneous reactions in an aqueous solution, which occurs without the use of external electrical power. An aqueous solution is a solution in which the solvent is water.

I.e., the term "Plating" IMHO, should not be used, but the term, "attaching" should be used.

Anyone have any comments on using this ATF in a late model Honda tranny? The Honda transmissions appear to be fussy about ATF, preferring only a couple types, very fussy about fluid interval and extreme duty light weight towing service. They only recommend the Honda DW1. Very few brands offer the DW1 spec. I am considering the Sheaffer atf in a 2011 Odyssey EX 5sp, and a 2014 CR-V.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by parmm
Anyone have any comments on using this ATF in a late model Honda tranny? The Honda transmissions appear to be fussy about ATF, preferring only a couple types, very fussy about fluid interval and extreme duty light weight towing service. They only recommend the Honda DW1. Very few brands offer the DW1 spec. I am considering the Sheaffer atf in a 2011 Odyssey EX 5sp, and a 2014 CR-V.

THIS transmission fluid is for Heavy Duty transmissions and with a 100C viscosity of 15 cSt it is NOT suitable for transmissions using ATF's that use 6 (LV ATF) to 7.5 cSt fluids (Dexron III/Mercon) type fluids.

Originally Posted by wdn
The manufacturer's statement: "All Trans Supreme® is also suitable for use in the following automatic transmission applications: ... Honda ATF DW-1; ATF Z-1 P/N 0822-9001".

http://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/90-204SAT-td.pdf

As with all things, do your own due diligence.

The link you provided is speaking SPECIFICALLY to Schaeffer's #204SAT ATF, a MUlti-vehicle ATF. The OP is referring SPECIFICALLY to Schaeffer's #239S, a fluid for HD equipment:

http://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/125-239S-td.pdf and available in SAE Grades 10, 30, 50, and 60.

"CAUTION: This oil is specially formulated for use in power-shift transmissions. Do not use in
diesel engines. Shortened engine life could result due to heavy piston deposits....Super Lube Supreme is not recommended for farm tractor equipment that employs a common reservoir for transmission and hydraulic systems or those Allison Transmission on-highway applications that specify the use of a fluid that meets TES-295 or TES 389 specifications.
"

Last edited:
Ok, call me stupid but Im lost here.

What the heck kind of fluid is it?
In the OP nowhere does it say automatic transmission fluid so why are we discussing auto transmissions? I guess because manual transmissions are rare now?

Anyway, here is my question, IS THIS transmission fluid formulated for manual transmissions or not?
When I saw the 15/40 I assumed we are talking manual transmission and the only reason it caught my attention but the posts are about automatic.

It caught my attention for my 2014 Harley Road King, even though, yes, a 20/50 would be better.
Mobile and some others make a manual heavy duty oil but are sold in 5 to 50 gallon drums making it impossible to buy in small quantities, I guess, again, not much demand.

Oh, now I get it, down the thread someone posted a link to another product which is auto transmission fluid and nothing to do with the OP.
Thanks for the info on the straight weights too, might be something more for me ... GL1

Only thing is, not so sure any of these products are readily available to the public.

UPDATE: Just as I suspected, not produced for the small consumer, only sold in large buckets for $250.00 each.

(it makes Harley Davidson Trans Mission Fluid seem dirt cheap "Formula+" @ less then $10.00 a quart.

Last edited:
Was asking specifically about the "All Trans Supreme" suitable for use in the following automatic transmission applications: ... Honda ATF DW-1; ATF Z-1 P/N 0822-9001. As I said, the Honda automatic trannys are fussy! Not many ATFs out there which claim to meet Hondas DW-1. I think if Honda had their way, it would only be Honda fluids. Sorry I got it in the wrong place
01.gif

Last edited:
"All Trans Supreme® is not recommended for use in those passenger cars and light duty trucks that specify the use of Chrysler Mopar NVG 246,Ford Type F, Ford M2C33F, Ford Mercon® C, Ford Mercon® LV, Automatic Transmission Fluid Type G, GM Dexron® VI, Honda CVT, Honda Genuine, JWS 3324 (WS), Nissan CVT type fluids, or in dual clutch transmissions (DCT) or continuously variable transmissions (CVT)." Schaeffers TD sheets lay it out. If it is listed.....it works, if they say no. then dont. This is true of all of Schaeffers TD sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back