Fwd manual trans clutch type

ill be picking my trans up this week for my Yaris, had an output shaft bearing going up and well upgraded to a TRD clutch type LSD since I autoX and road course the car.

Reasearching what to use Im getting several different answers. Unfortunately, the TRD special fluid is no longer made.

Ive been reading some are too slippery so synchros dont work as well then some destroy transmissions yadda yadda.

I used to run Amsoil since like 7500 to 122k when I did the clutch then went to SuperTech. Car has 160k now.

Looked at Redline...they have this 75w90NS with a description that sounds perfect for what Im doing.

Also Motul has Gear FF-LSD type 2 that sounds good as well.

Can anybody shed some light in either direction?

Last edited:
if its a gl4 75w90, i have used redline mt90 and amsoil mtg. My hyundai liked the mt90 a bit more and from the different car specific forums it seems to be a driver favorite. If it is lsd specific and redline has a product for it i wouldnt hesitate to trust it.

Last edited:
What am I missing? you installed a clutch type posi traction and want to run Redline NS oil? Does the differential use a separate oil than the trans in your model? Does the trans run atf as oem?

Back