Bosch quiet cast appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 09 altima was still running on the stock rotors at 120k, I did have them machined once and stuck new pads front and back around 80k and all was well, really couldn't believe the oem rotors lasted that long. Anyhow, the car had developed a brake pulse and wanting it to be problem free for my college son, I scored some oem front pads from amazon for super cheap, like $8 cheap and bought all 4 rotors as well a the quietcast rear pads. Man these things are nice! The car has open wheels and the rotors are flawless looking, who knows how long they'll stay that way. The braking is absolutely silent and will launch you through the window compared to the old. The best part was I did an entire brake job for under $200. If anyone has been on the fence about Bosch I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
I use the pads often, good blend of low dust, noise, and performance. The rotors usually price me out, as Textar and Meyle are all the same as Bosch, same box, bags, stickers, lables etc, so I go with whoever is cheapest.

I got the fronts from amazon warehouse for $25 a piece and rock auto for the rears and brake pads for a total of $89 shipped. I usually use the coated rotors from AAP but these are way nicer. Actually doing the math I spent less than $150 for a quality job which is even better. The Nissan oem pads were the best deal @ $7.92 compared to the $69 the dealer wanted. Everything amazon was "used" but they were all new, just some scuffed boxes.

I'm still on the OE rotors in this 2015 Altima at almost 60K miles. IDK how long they'll last in this salt ridden state of ours. My car looks like a saltlick.

I feel ya, Ohio is brutal as well. Luckily I have a great car wash nearby that uses salt shield and underbody coatings so that may have helped. That and keeping the little lady out of the car. She could warp brakes in an 18 wheeler in a week. I love her death but she just isn't a good driver lol.

The shiny metal coating on the Boschs will last at least 3 times as long as the painted grey that the local auto parts places sell. Once they start to get hot a few times the paint just flakes away, which is why this metal coating is way better.

there are variables when talking mileage as where you live + drive as well as how you drive!! i am partial to EBC higher carbon better stopping rotors NOT cast in china + use their usa made pads as well

can't speak for their rotors...

but after 800+ miles on their premium ceramic pads, I'm definitely in love - best non-racing/non-high-performance pads ever for a daily driver:

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/brakes

thumbsup2.gif

Quietcast rotors are what I run on my Escape. Due to how I drive I have to change my brakes my like every 30K but these hold up better than the OEM rotors.

Last edited:
My 04 Towncar has original Bosch rotors with 240+ kmiles on them. I have no idea who was the pads OE mfg, but they are also original. This vehicle has seen 70% of highway action. Don't have personal experience on other platforms, but Landcruiser community seems to be approving Bosch rotors along with a few others.

I assume you mean 240k on your towncar? If so then Bosch should provide you with brakes for life.

Originally Posted by Audios
The shiny metal coating on the Boschs will last at least 3 times as long as the painted grey that the local auto parts places sell. Once they start to get hot a few times the paint just flakes away, which is why this metal coating is way better.

Yep. I put AAP coated/painted rotors front to back on an 08 impala with oem pads and in less than 3 months the rotors look like crap. Im Ok with the way they work but not with the "Eric is the car guy look". I'll use Bosch from here on out for open wheeled rims.

Originally Posted by D1dad
I assume you mean 240k on your towncar? If so then Bosch should provide you with brakes for life.

Yes, and there is no end in sight for the rotors/pads on that one.

Landcruisers though eat pads quickly. Para-aramid ones are very good, except for dust generation (if that matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back