Best Dextron VI 6 Power Steering Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello yall

Recently bought a 16' buick lacrosse.
Want to replace the PS fluid with something great, also maybe magnefine inline filter too.
(Want best I can get, as it'll be cheap to do. Ie, maybe use a whole quart)

Vehicle calls for:
Hydraulic Power Steering System- DEXRON®-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Some Dextron 6 fluid:
-Valvoline
-ACdelco 10-9395
-Mobil 1 103529
-Castrol Transmax
-Havoline

Any recommendations for brands or types of fluid to use?
Also would "Lubeguard Power Steering Protectant" be any good, as supplement add on?
^Maybe it's "Snake Oil"???

Note: Plan to keep car for +100K miles

Thanks for any comments!!!
cheers3.gif

the cheapest licensed Dexron VI you can find
smile.gif

There's usually no reason to change the PS fluid, especially on a car as new as yours

You are way, way, way overthinking power steering fluid here. Like already mentioned, any licensed Dexron VI will do you fine.

Originally Posted By: TX_1821
maybe magnefine inline filter too.

This is more important than the color of the container the fluid comes in.

What I do after that is every time I service the transmission (drain/fill every 30k), I pull one of the reservoir hoses on the PS system and drain it into a container, then fill with clean fluid. That and an inline filter should take your PS pump to 200k+, and you don't have to lift the front end and do a full flush ever.

If you want to be really efficient, keep the old PS fluid in a jar/container, use as a penetrating oil or cleaner, cutting fluid for drill bits, etc.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
You are way, way, way overthinking power steering fluid here. Like already mentioned, any licensed Dexron VI will do you fine.

+1 agreed. Given the choices you provided I would go with the Castrol. They make top notch ATFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back