Fram CA9997

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes off a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek, not sure the mileage on the filter. I have been taking care of the car for the last 16,000 kms (2 OCI's) so I'm guessing 24-32k kms if she kept to the 8k km OCIs.

Doesn't look horrible. 113k kms on the car now.

Replaced all four brake rotors and pads today as well as oil change
smile.gif

20190615_164729.jpg

20190615_164735.jpg

20190615_164739.jpg

20190615_164751.jpg

I wonder if the cotton-type element pictured above is better or more efficient than the paper ones, anyone know?

On my Honda I have a few different air filters I got off Rockauto, some are paper and some the cotton type element, was wondering if there's a blanket rule on which is superior.

I would like to know the same. Is there much difference between the standard paper element and the newer style woven cotton element as far as efficiency is concerned.

I think the paper ones "blind over/blank off" faster, where the "cotton" ones will filter a little more depth and last a little longer.

Originally Posted by Linctex
I think the paper ones "blind over/blank off" faster, where the "cotton" ones will filter a little more depth and last a little longer.

I like the cotton ones too-they seem better at catching fine dust that can sneak through the paper ones. I'm a fan of the foam wrapped ones most of all, it's like having 2 air filters in one. I've even had ones that the foam wrap could be removed, washed, and reinstalled on the round paper element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back