Engine Masters air filter challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this has not been posted before. Some cool information. I like the salad bowl setup.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I guess one take away is that there was really no difference between open and filtered at engine speeds less than 5,000 RPM. I never operate in that range so I’ll stick with Fram.

SF

I can see the air straight down the carb argument as there would be less turbulence or restriction with air turning/going around obstacles.

BuI wonder how much that really matters on most vehicles that wouldn't be sucking in huge amounts of air like that engine does.

I can see the air straight down the carb argument as there would be less turbulence or restriction with air turning/going around obstacles.

But I wonder how much that really matters on most vehicles that wouldn't be sucking in huge amounts of air like that engine does.

The other thing I did not see them talk about, esp with the open filters, is the under hood heat. In a open air environment those open filters work fine. But under a hot hood they would be sucking in the hot air while the duel snorkel for example would be pulling in fresh air if it was hooked up properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back