No more poulan / weedeater at walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed spring items were being stocked on the shelves at Walmart and Poulan / Weedeater was not around. A new product line called black max has taken its place and the new black max 2 cycle oil on the shelf is not JASO certified and carries no specifications.

I know nothing of the new line. But many years ago, too many to remember exactly, I bought a WE SST25 at WM still have it and it works. I've had to replace the fuel lines and filter several times. Last year replaced the original primer bulb. Also bought the carb adjustment tool many years ago on Amazon, a must if you plan on keeping the Poulan/WE going. Other than the pain of respooling the line, which not just WE, I've got zero complaints. It's a tough little tool ime. So for me, Poulan/WE..
thumbsup2.gif

BlackMax and Poulan/Weedeater are different brand names for what are essentially the same products manufactured by the same company.
BlackMax products are manufactured by Husqvarna AB, aka AYP (spun-off by Electrolux, and owned before that by Sears/Roper). They manufacture a wide variety of OPE products under a number of different brand names including Poulan/Weedeater, Redmax/Ryobi/Zenoah, Jonsered, McCulloch, Ariens, Flymo, most Craftsman OPE products (up till a few years ago), and many private label store brands (including BlackMax). Many of the products they manufacture are built-cheap-to-sell-cheap to compete in the low-priced OPE segment, but they also manufacture some better quality products. Most of their cheap handheld OPE products are now manufactured in China by Jenn Feng, a manufacturer that Husqvarna purchased a few years ago.

another company offered or was pressured by wm to sell the new line for 10 cents less. the downward spiral in quality, the chinese way, they can sell you a replacement next year, and the year after

Still running my little Poulan P1500 trimmer that I've had for probably 9-10 years. I adjusted the carb screws a couple years after I got it, and it's been running like a raped ape ever since.

L8R,
Matt

I purchased the Poulan $99 "cheap" gas trimmer from Lowe's a few years back. Made it 4 summers before refusing to run. I purchased a Stihl 5 years ago and the very end of this summer it has finally started acting up loke the filter is clogged.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
I purchased the Poulan $99 "cheap" gas trimmer from Lowe's a few years back. Made it 4 summers before refusing to run. I purchased a Stihl 5 years ago and the very end of this summer it has finally started acting up loke the filter is clogged.
Check the spark arrestor.

Originally Posted by 97prizm

wag123 is right. watch this youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXznA67-zA

I purchased a black max trimmer at wm 6 years ago. It is loud and has a too small shield. I wish for the thing to die so I can get another but I keeps going.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back