Thoughts on new Kawasaki engine oil .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new Ariens iKon Zero Turn mower this week . Manual says 10w40 oil , manual also says to change factory oil at 8 hours .
Here is what I'm thinking of doing tell me if I'm off base . First change going with Rotella T5 which is semi synthetic , then after that going with Rotella T6 full synthetic . Should I skip the T5 and go to the T6 . I have no idea what is the factory fill is .
No mention of synthetic in manual . Any thoughts on motorcycle oil ?

I think its a semi synthetic, but they have a variety of weights based on outside temperature. 10w40 all the way up to 20w50

The manual for my Kawasaki twin allows 10W-30, so I run a synthetic of that grade- and have been doing so for over 10 years.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
I bought a new Ariens iKon Zero Turn mower this week . Manual says 10w40 oil , manual also says to change factory oil at 8 hours .
Here is what I'm thinking of doing tell me if I'm off base . First change going with Rotella T5 which is semi synthetic , then after that going with Rotella T6 full synthetic . Should I skip the T5 and go to the T6 . I have no idea what is the factory fill is . No mention of synthetic in manual . Any thoughts on motorcycle oil ?

I don't see any benefit with T5, I'd go directly to T6

Originally Posted by Pelican
Originally Posted by Kjmack
Here is what I'm thinking of doing tell me if I'm off base . First change going with Rotella T5 which is semi synthetic , then after that going with Rotella T6 full synthetic . Should I skip the T5 and go to the T6 . I have no idea what is the factory fill is . No mention of synthetic in manual . Any thoughts on motorcycle oil ?

I don't see any benefit with T5, I'd go directly to T6

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back