Mobil 1 AP for snowblower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using M1 AP in a snowblower, lawn tractor, mower, generac? I currently use M1 10w30 in all of them. But unlike my vehicles I don't always change the oil on time. Was thinking I could go a few years with the AP without worrying about it. Just top off.

It's really no problem at all to use M1, and extend the drain interval in years, for well kept, but seldom used OPE. I don't change the oil in my generators or pumps until they see serious use. Could be many years between uses.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
It's really no problem at all to use M1, and extend the drain interval in years, for well kept, but seldom used OPE. I don't change the oil in my generators or pumps until they see serious use. Could be many years between uses.
I agree. But I don't think it necessary to spend the extra on M1 AP to do that.

I'm feeling guilty because my 5yo 30" 357cc (not sure of hp) Craftsman snowblower has been getting a major workout the past 2 weeks. I'm going out shortly to do the driveway, around 20" of snow so far. This is the third year, the M1 looks clean. Runs fine.

Its real deep now. All the neighbors are jamming broomsticks into snowblower chutes right now. So its bad. Think I'm gonna join them with my secret weapon. Pam.

Seems like overkill, although I do use EP in the lawn tractor. Presently thinking about switching the entire lawn toy fleet to M1 0w40 since there are always 4 quarts left over each time the Volvo gets a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back