Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0W-40 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0W-40 VOA

This is a rare oil, usual is 5W-40.
I think this same add pack is used in the Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, and Shell Helix 0W-40 and 5W-40..
A few others are suspected (Quaker State for one)...

f3i449.png

Last edited:
Where was this oil found? I recently spotted Valvoline Synpower 0w-40 Euro, which I didn't know existed. It was a rare AutoZone that carried that one...

Wal-Mart, of all the places...

Got it for $4.47 a quart, with a $2 a quart rebate, $2.47!

I still have 2 quarts left!

This is not the grey bottle or black label Pennzoil 0W-40 SRT, this is the Euro version...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
This is not the grey bottle or black label Pennzoil 0W-40 SRT, this is the Euro version...

Quite evident by the VOA. The SRT stuff is chock full of moly and not much else.

Thanks for posting the VOA, much appreciated!

Yes,

I looked at the old gray bottle of Pennzoil 5W-40 Euro, and it's SM, the silver bottles are SN

Not all Wal-Marts carry the exact same oil selection, by observation. Seems that several brands are after some of that 5W-40/0W40 business that Castrol has seemed to have a corner on with the car dealerships? Gold bottle Edge Professional, for example.

5W-40 typically was a synthetic diesel oil, until the later ones which are for gas motors (i.e., Audi and such).

CBODY67

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Wal-Mart, of all the places...

Got it for $4.47 a quart, with a $2 a quart rebate, $2.47!

I still have 2 quarts left!

Were these on the 'closeout' shelf, or right on the regular oil shelves??
It was not around for that long to already be on the discount shelf.
21.gif

Thanks for providing this VOA.

Compared to the older Ultra Euro, the main difference I see is the addition of moly. All the other additives seem to be at similar levels.

Also, at 12.65 cSt, this is just barely a 40-grade. Will probably drop to a 30 as soon as you pour it into the engine.
smile.gif
Not that it's a problem or anything...

Also, that Blackstone report states the name of the oil as "Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Euro 0w/40". I'm guessing that's just an error and there is no actual "Ultra" word on the bottle?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Also, at 12.65 cSt, this is just barely a 40-grade. Will probably drop to a 30 as soon as you pour it into the engine.

I suspect that is what happened to the Euro LX 0W-30 currently in my sump (but to a 'heavy' 20 weight), at least according to my oil pressure gauge, which shows a MAJOR reduction in o.p. (as compared to the ~3.4 HTHSV of my former mix) despite this oil's supposed 3.5 (or greater??) HTHSV.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back