MPT PAO Ester Synthetics

Based out of NJ. I forgot about these guys.

They are very upfront with what they use - NO viscosity modifiers at all, NO group II/III. Only PAO/Ester.

There are some comparisons below between MPT and Amsoil/Redline and Mobil 1.

Enjoy.

Link

Link2

I bought a case and have used most of it in non catalyst machines as I was a little worried about the add pack. Seems to be stellar oil as I left my snowblower stuck in a snowbank one night when it hit -35F. It pulled and started the next day. If nothing else it has good cold flow characteristics. The price is within range of other boutiques and lets face it, If your driving concern is price then most bitoger's will heartily denounce this product and other more costly oils.

Thanks!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by sloinker
I bought a case and have used most of it in non catalyst machines as I was a little worried about the add pack. Seems to be stellar oil as I left my snowblower stuck in a snowbank one night when it hit -35F. It pulled and started the next day. If nothing else it has good cold flow characteristics. The price is within range of other boutiques and lets face it, If your driving concern is price then most bitoger's will heartily denounce this product and other more costly oils.

True lol. I do remember coming across this brand before on here. Who knows I may have even posted about it. I try and find new things to post when I can.

The oil is pretty dark out of the bottle, darker than Ravenol and Red Line equivalents and much darker than M1/Casstrol which are pretty light. Haven't used any Amsoil in a few decades so I don't know its shade. It had a lot of sediment on the bottom and required plenty of shaking.

I love this oil. It's such a great way to show that what the Internet thinks about oil is incomplete and/or flat-out wrong.

It has everything you're supposed to want:

- 100% PAO/ester
- ZERO group I/II/III -- not even as additive carriers
- Massive amounts of ZDDP and detergents
- Impressive stats (Noack, HTHS, TBN, etc.)

....and yet no OEM, big-boy engine builder, or major race team wants a piece of it.

Either they're ALL barking up the wrong tree, or the Internet is. Seems pretty uncontroversial which is more likely.

Originally Posted by d00df00d
I love this oil. It's such a great way to show that what the Internet thinks about oil is incomplete and/or flat-out wrong.

It has everything you're supposed to want:

- 100% PAO/ester
- ZERO group I/II/III -- not even as additive carriers
- Massive amounts of ZDDP and detergents
- Impressive stats (Noack, HTHS, TBN, etc.)

....and yet no OEM, big-boy engine builder, or major race team wants a piece of it.

Either they're ALL barking up the wrong tree, or the Internet is. Seems pretty uncontroversial which is more likely.

Agree!
cheers3.gif

It's the total formulation that counts.

Originally Posted by buster
Based out of NJ. I forgot about these guys.

They are very upfront with what they use - NO viscosity modifiers at all, NO group II/III. Only PAO/Ester.

There are some comparisons below between MPT and Amsoil/Redline and Mobil 1.

Enjoy.

Link

Link2

It's like looking at the old Amsoil charts, but this time it's seeing redline and mpt on top. Must be the better base oils and additives achieving these numbers. Thank you for posting.

MP Thirty-K motor oil MSDS from 9/11/2011 shows
Polyalphaolefin (CAS 68649-12-7): 20-55%
Polyester Polyol (CAS Proprietary): 21-55%
Ditridecyl Adipate, Diester (CAS 16958-92-2): 10-24%

Back