Napa platinum and Napa oil

Just wondering if Napa platinum filters and Napa synthetic are good to go? I ask because the platinum filters and Napa oil are on a sale on Napa's website real cheap right now and I'm thinking about picking them up for next couple of OCIs.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/cart

Platinum filter number: PFL 41516 for $5.99
Napa synthetic 5w30: $16.99 for 5qt jug.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Napa oil is Valvoline, and it is licensed d1g2
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NavyVet88
Just wondering if Napa platinum filters and Napa synthetic are good to go? I ask because the platinum filters and Napa oil are on a sale on Napa's website real cheap right now and I'm thinking about picking them up for next couple of OCIs.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/cart

Platinum filter number: PFL 41516 for $5.99
Napa synthetic 5w30: $16.99 for 5qt jug.

Thanks!

My daughter's leased Honda is no more. I bought NAPA 0w20 for it six years ago and forgot I had it underneath the basement steps..... until last month. My Colorado P/U calls for 5w30 and the last OCI was 0w40.

I just did an oil change of 0w20 in that Colorado and it remains whisper quiet under that hood. I'll keep close dibs on engine sounds, as the weather warms up. But my plan is to run it 3-4K and go back to Castrol Euro 0w40.
So far, I'm really impressed and the first signs my engine is complaining, I will yank the thin 0w20.
But so far - so good.

If I want good trapping, I'll consider the Napa Gold. If I want better flow-rates, then I'd buy the Platinum. It all depends on your engine and the factory OEM for your vehicle points to what the manufacturer prefers. If all manufacturers preferred best trapping, every new engine coming off the assembly line would wear a Fram Ultra..... and obviously they don't.

Do a history on your factory-fill oil filter and that will tell what fits that engine best, regarding a Gold or a Platinum.

That is not a bad deal at all.
Filter is 1/2 off normal price, Oil is priced about what you can get Supertech or Amazon Basic oil at.
I may buy a few filters at this price.

Yeah I agree man...

That $22.98 Napa deal is not all too bad...

The doggone filter for my car is $13.49 regular price... Yet the 57356 is just $8.99... Makes no sense to me the difference in price there.

They run these sales about every quarter. While it's not exactly Valvoline,it's made by the same folks.
I use it and like the results,

Can't go wrong with it, I have used the Napa oil and filters in several of my family's vehicles, and several pieces of equipment. Napa is the closest to my house, and the staff there are very knowledgeable and friendly. Obviously this varies by store, but this one is family owned and I'd rather support them if I could, since the extra couple bucks more it might cost for their stuff would go to the fuel I'd need to get to the other parts stores anyway. The guys there are the type where if they don't have or sell a certain item, they will tell you where you can find it, even if it is at a competitor's store.
thumbsup2.gif

Back