magnatec 0w20 pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see at least on amazon (not sure about wallyworld) it's at a very nice price of 15 bux. however, only this flavor anybody know why this is? is the formula changing?

Castrol 03060 GTX MAGNATEC 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, Green , 5 Quart
by Castrol
4.8 out of 5 stars 651 ratings | 110 answered questions
#1 Best Seller in Motor Oils

1 Price Change
Was $19.27
With Deal: $15.15

This stuff says "Full Synthetic" on the jug. How different is this oil than 0W20 Edge? Different additive package? Same base oil?

Don't start with this "full synthetic" balogna
smile.gif

Maggy didn't use - in the past - the DP with Ti compound.

I dont know now.

Doing a UOA on 5W20 should have results in a couple weeks

I saw Edge EP 10w30 for only $18 last night. That's pretty cheap...a lot of deals on oil right now and Wally's will price match btw. I found that out during a online chat session..if you have a link to the same identical product they'll match it.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
This stuff says "Full Synthetic" on the jug. How different is this oil than 0W20 Edge? Different additive package? Same base oil?

It has the "magnetic molecules"!
crazy.gif
It does seem to work really well on the 4.6 in my sig, but it was also only $1/quart when I bought it, I haven't sprung for the big $ Edge or Gold versions.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

It has the "magnetic molecules"!
crazy.gif
It does seem to work really well on the 4.6 in my sig, but it was also only $1/quart when I bought it, I haven't sprung for the big $ Edge or Gold versions.

People make fun of this oil for having magnetic particles, but in -30F temps last winter it was by far the quietest oil in the sump if that matters. Quieter than M1, QSUD, PP, Ultra, at least in a 2017 Mitsubishi 4B11 engine.

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaDad
Originally Posted by kschachn
The oil does not have "magnetic particles" in it however.

Whatever man. Not going to argue with you.

Any magnetic particles would be filtered out quickly.

Its a good oil, its also crafty marketing. It has people thinking its somehow magnetic and sticks to the engine parts. It does not have magnetic particles. To have magnetic particles, they would be ferrous. I have not seen iron as an ad-pack.

Originally Posted by PimTac

Any magnetic particles would be filtered out quickly.

Not before they find the highest friction spots and glue themselves there as sacrificial lambs to protect the engine. This oil is like battle armor for your engine internals.
smile.gif
LOL!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3

Its a good oil, its also crafty marketing. It has people thinking its somehow magnetic and sticks to the engine parts. It does not have magnetic particles. To have magnetic particles, they would be ferrous. I have not seen iron as an ad-pack.

I didn't read his post as him saying he believes there to be magnetic particles, only mentioning how people poke fun of Castrol's marketing language.

But maybe I read it wrong...

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I didn't read his post as him saying he believes there to be magnetic particles, only mentioning how people poke fun of Castrol's marketing language.

People make fun of this oil for having magnetic particles, but in -3.......

Maybe i mistook what he meant. It just sounded like he thought so.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

People make fun of this oil for having magnetic particles, but in -3.......

Maybe i mistook what he meant. It just sounded like he thought so.

Yeah.. it just wasn't black and white clear to me so that's why I offered my take fwiw. I just hate to see him get roasted when it's not entirely clear, to me at least, what he meant. Either way I think we all can agree that there are no "magnetic" particles....

Last edited:
Magnatec has some polar molecules which stick to (adsorption) metal surfaces. All oils do this, at least enough to pass wear and friction engine tests anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back