NOACK for Magnatec 5w30 Full Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm comparing the NOACK between Havoline full synthetic 5w30 Pro DS and Magnatec full synthetic 5w30. I can't find the data for the Magnatec. Anyone know what it is?

PDS doesn't say. Maybe check PQIA? Havoline has always had higher than normal Noack from what I can remember. 12+

If you need more than 5 quarts, havoline's stated NOACK is significantly cheaper.

If it's like the Magnatec full syn 5W20 it can't be very high-the MGM in my sig hasn't burned a drop of it in 6000 miles of hot weather driving, a good bit at 75+/- MPH interstate driving.

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by tundraotto
missed that you were looking for the Castrol Magnatec 5w30 NOACK - Castrol seems to think it proprietary.....the Full Syn Dexos 1 Castrol Edge 5W30 had a NOACK of 11.1 in test by the petroleum institute

12.3 NOACK for the Havoline in 5W30

https://cglapps.chevron.com/sdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=518483&docFormat=PDF

It's now 10.1% for EDGE.

Yes, 10.1 for the new EDGE Pick-up 5w30

Originally Posted by madeej11
Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by tundraotto
missed that you were looking for the Castrol Magnatec 5w30 NOACK - Castrol seems to think it proprietary.....the Full Syn Dexos 1 Castrol Edge 5W30 had a NOACK of 11.1 in test by the petroleum institute

12.3 NOACK for the Havoline in 5W30

https://cglapps.chevron.com/sdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=518483&docFormat=PDF

It's now 10.1% for EDGE.

Yes, 10.1 for the new EDGE Pick-up 5w30

Regular too.

Since you live in Mississippi and like Magnatec, why not consider GTX Magnatec 10Wx30 Full Synthetic?

According to the Castrol website I recently checked :
10W30 Noack is %6.95 ... very low Noack for the price!
5W30 Noack is %8.9

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I'm comparing the NOACK between Havoline full synthetic 5w30 Pro DS and Magnatec full synthetic 5w30. I can't find the data for the Magnatec. Anyone know what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back