Amsoil the best but Pennzoil for the win?

iirc, i have seen some questionable videos from that guy ... meaning that they are not a real scientific tests. I think they are just for fun kind of videos. Don't take it super serious. I mean the test and not talking about the oil.

I agree...

And this is all junk... A dumb timken type test which means nothing..... then a dumb pour test which means nothing either... Nothing.

Fun to watch... Ok.. I can buy that...

Valid... No. It's garbage.

It's not ENTIRELY "un-scientific"

It holds a fair amount of entertainment value.

He tries to be much more objective than Scotty Kilmer by a million miles

Originally Posted by Linctex

It's not ENTIRELY "un-scientific"

It holds a fair amount of entertainment value.

He tries to be much more objective than Scotty Kilmer by a million miles

I can't watch Scotty, he makes me dizzy - he bounces around too much. He either has balance issues or a drinking problem.🤔...‚

Last edited:
My post from the last time this topic came up: Link to thread

Originally Posted by JustN89
It's interesting, that's all it is. It has almost no correlation to how well an oil will perform in your engine. Mindless entertainment. I'll give him credit though in that he tries very hard to remain completely neutral and unbiased.

There are numerous posts about his videos on here. Nothing has changed since the last 20 times, they are still worthless.

More posts about stuff that has already been hashed to death.

The guy does this to make money from hits on his YOUTUBE channel..

LOTS of money. 400-500 dollars a day. Just like Kilmer. May take in more cash with silly online videos baiting than through their professional job.

I called him (Pf) out a few times and he put a "disclaimer" about the test not being valid.

Evolved into the same old worthless parlour tricks huckster from a century ago.

But, assuredly mildly entertaining for the first couple of watches.

Yes guys, if you are a huckster, the populace is well primed and un-primered for your game.

I see ( the video) so I believe!

I have a hard time comprehending the lack of education "out there".

Last edited:
I hear pert plus shampoo does really good in the timken test.

Maybe I should use that in my turbo gdi engine instead of D1G2.
Trolling.gif

C'mon. For what he did, he was most fair and seemed to be consistent in all the tests. He proved several things about each oil. (True)

We already knew Amsoil was the best, right? He just proved it. (Sarcasm)

Based on his videos, I'm gonna sell all my Schaeffers on CL and replenish my oil stash with all Amsoil. (Lie)

I watch movies a lot for escapism and entertainment. (True)

I watch YouTube a lot for escapism and entertainment. (True)

His videos are entertaining. (True)

I like Scotty and this guy. (True)

Originally Posted by Gebo
C'mon. For what he did, he was most fair and seemed to be consistent in all the tests. He proved several things about each oil. (True)

We already knew Amsoil was the best, right? He just proved it. (Sarcasm)

Based on his videos, I'm gonna sell all my Schaeffers on CL and replenish my oil stash with all Amsoil. (Lie)

I watch movies a lot for escapism and entertainment. (True)

I watch YouTube a lot for escapism and entertainment. (True)

His videos are entertaining. (True)

I like Scotty and this guy. (True)

Even 3 year old Amsoil formulation still leads the pack while the rest are trying to catch up. The production date on the Amsoil bottle is from 2016. LOL.

Originally Posted by Talent_Keyhole
Even 3 year old Amsoil formulation still leads the pack while the rest are trying to catch up. The production date on the Amsoil bottle is from 2016. LOL.

I'm pretty sure they aren't worried they haven't caught up to stupid.

Back