Where to find Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 SN PLUS datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where it can be found? The ones on the US and Canadian Pennzoil website have 'SN', but no 'SN PLUS'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Shell send me the 5w20 and 0w20 SN + PDS. They are as of May 2019. I'll try and upload and image in a bit.

Thanks, yes, it's there.

Comparing Ultra to Platinum, is it worth the extra ~$3 per 5 litres, in your opinion?
smile.gif
It's ever so slightly thicker, 48/8.8, vs 46.3/8.6 for the Platinum, and they have similar flashpoints now. What other differences are there, or might there be, if you don't know for sure, between the current Ultra and Platinum in 0W-20?

As for the Ultra SN to SN PLUS, from the Canadian PDSs, the only change seems to be the flashpoint, which went from 224C (D93) to 208C (D93).

As for the Platinum, via epc.shell.com,
__'German' 'Shell Helix Ultra SN PLUS 0W-20' (https://www.shell-livedocs.com/data/published/en/33fea361-c8d2-4cbd-b3a4-aff1b35fac61.pdf),
has the same numbers as,
__'Canadian' 'Pennzoil Platinum SN PLUS 0W-20' (https://www.shell-livedocs.com/data/published/en-CA/47ee9a21-8068-4328-9444-a38578a240cc.pdf),
except the flashpoint is D92 in the German PDS, and D93 in the Canadian one.. the actual flashpoint number is the same though... coincidence, or mistake? Are those two actually the same oil??

Also, the Canadian 'Pennzoil Platinum SN PLUS 0W-20' I got at Canadian Tire today (April 2019 on the jug) doesn't have HTO-06 on the back, but the PDS (01.29.2019) has it. Mistake in the PDS? hmmmm
confused.gif

coffee2.gif

By the way, the Pennzoil oil selector, for my car, suggests PUP for 'premium' and PP for 'standard', which is obvious I guess, but shell.de's oil selector recommends only Helix Ultra SN, not SN PLUS, though both exist, and there is no equivalent to PUP in Europe? I tried to find an SN only PUP today, but couldn't (other than a 2 year old one), so just bought the SN PLUS PP, thinking that I vaguely recalled reading somewhere on BITOG that the SN+ PP and PUP might be almost the same now.
Sorry, just trying to make sense of the differences between the various 0W-20 Shell synthetics.
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by mikecz
Also, the Canadian 'Pennzoil Platinum SN PLUS 0W-20' I got at Canadian Tire today (April 2019 on the jug) doesn't have HTO-06 on the back, but the PDS (01.29.2019) has it. Mistake in the PDS?

Errors on data sheets are not uncommon. The Honda spec used to be 5w-30 only, as I recall, but was expanded to other grades. Hopefully someone here will know more about that than I do. Pennzoil will use up their old labels first, in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back