Super Tech Full Synthetic High Mileage Seal Conditioners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a recent trip to WM and looking online I noticed the that the Super Tech 0w-20 Full Synthetic High Mileage bottle doesn't say anything about seal conditioners. It also doesn't mention it on the WM website. The conventional ST HM oils do mention seal conditioners.

Anyone know whats up with that?

I have a 2011 Sienna 3.5 V6 with 158K on it. Recently, when putting in new spark plugs I noticed a very tiny amount of oil seepage on 2 of the upper spark plug tube seals. I am switching to HM oil. I ended up buying ML because it was on rollback but ST was a lower price. HM oil might do nothing, but I figured it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Would 10K OCI with ST HM Full Syn be advisable? Am I missing out on seal conditioners with ST? We live 20 minutes from town so every trip is highway speeds and gets a full warm up.

Any recommendations on Fram TG at 10K OCI VS Ultra every other OCI?

3 kids...every penny counts these days.

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by dave1251
It has seal conditioners because seal conditioners are part of API SN certification process.

So do HM oils just have more? Or is there no difference anymore?

Originally Posted by Quest
change your valve cover gasket first (with factory OEM ones).

Trying to avoid that as it is only a very minor seep on 2 spark plug tubes. Just a bit of residue really. The plugs were a 3 hour job. I don't wanna even think about changing valve cover gaskets/spark plug tube seals unless I absolutely must.

Originally Posted by bikeshopguy345
It has seal conditioners because seal conditioners are part of API SN certification process.

You can email Warren here

http://www.warrenoil.com

They have responded to me within a business day in the past. I suspect there is a bit more seal conditioners.

Valvoline MaxLife is a top-notch high-mileage oil. Why not just stick to running that for a few OCIs and see if it resolves your little problem. If not, after say, 3 OCIs, try SuperTech HM, and report back
smile.gif

Any recommendations on Fram TG at 10K OCI VS Ultra every other OCI?

The Tough Guard will go past 10,000 miles very, very easily in most cases.

I ran one for 15,000 and it looed like new when cut open. Others have done 20,000 miles

Seal conditioners are probably a gimmick. There are API and ACEA upper and lower limits on seal shrinking, swelling, hardening, and softening. Also, swelling a bad seal is only a temporary fix -- in a short time, it will go bad again and no sweller will fix it. The only fix for leaky seals is to have them replaced.

As a side note:
With all the additives being sold for every other reason, why no
High Mileage Additive?
Just the seal conditioners or swellers by themselves.

My 2¢

You can email Warren here

http://www.warrenoil.com

They have responded to me within a business day in the past. I suspect there is a bit more seal conditioners.

Warren oil is not Warren Performance Packaging (Warren Oil/Warren Distribution) or what we call, WPP. Warren oil in the link and WPP are not the same company in any shape or fashion. WPP is a maker of Supertech oil, www.warrendistribution.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back