Home

Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty

Posted By: parshisa

Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 02:43 AM

https://youtu.be/jRImwaWZ0n8

Scotty talking about oil again duh
Posted By: PimTac

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 02:47 AM

I wonder how big a envelope Shell gave him?

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 02:49 AM

It got to be synthetic since it’s made of gas whistle
Posted By: 4WD

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 02:59 AM

I’ll start out by saying these oil brands in question are what I use most often and now have two new vehicles on M1 0w20 EP, but like PP for 5w30. What he said is bull since we all know PP does not stand behind long OCI’s like Amsoil, Castrol, and Mobil … if PP don’t, I won’t …
He’d been better off making some other argument …
As a mechanic … would not let this guy touch my lawnmower … much less listen to anything he says on lubricants …
Posted By: dave1251

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 03:15 AM

Sometimes his information sensible other times no so much. About other times like about motor oil it's nothing at all.
Posted By: Zee09

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 03:24 AM

He's a good free laxative.
Posted By: SirTanon

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 06:30 AM

There are times I turn to Scotty for oil and service advise... oh wait, no there aren't.

He needs to stop trying to tell people about oil. Clearly he's just schilling now.
Posted By: madeej11

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 07:15 AM

Advise ? Advice . Then , Than . Get the point you guys ? Unbelievable . Happens way too often . Learn the language !

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by madeej11
Advise ? Advice . Then , Than . Get the point you guys ? Unbelievable . Happens way too often . Learn the language !

That's the best you can do? Picking at a typo? duh If you bothered to read my posts, you'll find I have learned the language quite well.

Find somewhere else to troll.

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 08:02 AM

Seen it too many times on this site for it to be a typo . There's a difference between typos and just not knowing.
Posted By: Zee09

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 10:15 AM

Nutt'n werse then a spell chekr.
Me thinks it be taboo likes religan an politicks?
Posted By: BMWTurboDzl

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:09 AM

At least he's basically correct when mentioned the cost parity between conventional and synthetic oil changes.
Posted By: Trav

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:21 AM

You should see the video he has on boxer engines, the man is an archive of misinformation.
Posted By: Bud

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by parshisa

Scotty or the oil?
Posted By: daves87rs

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:31 AM

Just wow....
Posted By: Ifixyawata

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bud

Scotty or the oil?

Scotty has actually transcended gas and has reached plasma, the 4th state of matter.

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 12:00 PM

UFO

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Trav
You should see the video he has on boxer engines, the man is an archive of misinformation.

I saw that one and I was left thinking that marketing has a large influence on engine configuration.
Posted By: JLTD

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by SirTanon
There are times I turn to Scotty for oil and service advise... oh wait, no there aren't.

LOL crackmeup

So true.

He may have had decent advice at one time, but now he's gone from eccentric to delusional.
Posted By: Eddie

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 12:28 PM

Must be true because it's on the internet. Ed
Posted By: demarpaint

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Must be true because it's on the internet. Ed

thumbsup
Posted By: MCompact

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 01:36 PM

Every time I see him I'm reminded that somewhere a village is missing its idiot...
Posted By: ARCOgraphite

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 01:44 PM

….

Scotty talking about oil again duh

I diddnt watch but for the Majors is Ilsac GF-5 , Shell GTL is synthesized, whereas most other are produced from crude minera oil or its byproducts (slackwax e.g: VISOM, SHELL XHVI)
Posted By: ARCOgraphite

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 01:46 PM

I see a Pile on by dopes
Posted By: Gebo

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 01:55 PM

Bee harnest! secreetly we all like him a litle. Yu hav to admit he is intertaning. Comeon, now.

I have hem on my yutoob alerts.

You eat the hay and spit out the sticks. (I read this somewhere and it makes a lot of cents.)
Posted By: ka9mnx

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 02:49 PM

I watch him less now than I used to. I cannot stand his annoying voice and yelling! About 50% of the time he is right about most things. Being a mechanic 40 years doesn't make you a good one...
Posted By: mclasser

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 03:56 PM

I used to watch him in the past purely for the entertainment value. His videos lately have gotten particularly annoying and click baitey.

ETCG is one my fav YT mechanics but his Fairmont, and now Mini series don't interest me. I wish he'd pepper in more regular repair vids.

SMA is my fav channel at the moment.
Posted By: irv

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
I watch him less now than I used to. I cannot stand his annoying voice and yelling! About 50% of the time he is right about most things. Being a mechanic 40 years doesn't make you a good one...

If I Google something looking for info and Scotty pops up, "I May" give it a watch but most of the time I will watch a few or more from different people.
One thing I notice, and maybe it is all for show, is the state of his garage and his wife's car (that he works on in this vid) Talk about a slob and being disorganized.

Call me anal, but seeing those things does not scream competence/ability to me.
Posted By: jongies3

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 04:42 PM

This isn't news, most mechanics don't know squat about oil. I had a lot of them tell me to avoid Pennzoil at all costs because it sludges engines, back before I knew about BITOG and actually believed it! Same with mechanics bashing Fram filters.

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by jongies3
This isn't news, most mechanics don't know squat about oil. I had a lot of them tell me to avoid Pennzoil at all costs because it sludges engines, back before I knew about BITOG and actually believed it! Same with mechanics bashing Fram filters.

I have seen Mechanics and I have questioned how in the h*ll did they ever get their license? Not knocking all of them of course as I have 2 buds who are one and they are great, like most, but sometimes I wonder?

I suppose it's like the old saying, "The World is not filled with a**holes, they are just strategically placed so you run into one everyday"
Posted By: Ifixyawata

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 04:59 PM

I can't believe how many people praise him in the comments and really seem to look up to him. It's really sad.

What's the video where he talks about Boxer engines? I can only imagine "Why you should NEVER buy a car with a boxer engine!"

The quick-strut video is too much... "Don't use junk $88 quick struts" and then shows $800 OEM struts. And THEN proceeds to reccomend Autozone strut bearings. With his disregard for safety, I wouldn't take one bit of his advice regarding compressing springs, etc.
Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 05:31 PM

Seen it too many times on this site for it to be a typo . There's a difference between typos and just not knowing.
Like using the wrong tense of a certain verb.
Posted By: Oily_Thing

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 06:41 PM

Could of...
Could have.
Posted By: csandste

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 07:11 PM

Heir to Cliff Clavin to those who miss the Eighties.
Posted By: blupupher

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 10:21 PM

I am not sure which is funnier, the actual Scotty videos, or the ones making fun of it.

Posted By: wemay

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:06 PM

Hahahaha! Excellent
Posted By: anndel

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:29 PM

Rev up your engines!
Posted By: Balrog006

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/11/18 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bud

Scotty or the oil?

YES.
Posted By: Hootbro

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 01:54 AM

His home garage he shoots a lot of his videos in front of, looks like a episode of Hoarders.
Posted By: aquariuscsm

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by blupupher
I am not sure which is funnier, the actual Scotty videos, or the ones making fun of it.

Haha AWESOME! cheers
Posted By: Greggy_D

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 10:29 AM

LOL....that guy nailed it.
Posted By: StevieC

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 02:13 PM

crackmeup This guy is hilarious, not sure how he kept a straight face.

The transmission is missing because of the Turbo and it causes rust, oh and forget hood scoops they are bad for Women/Children. LOL
Posted By: CR94

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 06:09 PM

Why does anyone pay attention to that guy? I never heard of him.

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata
I can't believe how many people praise him in the comments and really seem to look up to him. It's really sad.

What's the video where he talks about Boxer engines? I can only imagine "Why you should NEVER buy a car with a boxer engine!"

The quick-strut video is too much... "Don't use junk $88 quick struts" and then shows $800 OEM struts. And THEN proceeds to reccomend Autozone strut bearings. With his disregard for safety, I wouldn't take one bit of his advice regarding compressing springs, etc.

His comments reinforce a confirmation bias

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by CR94
Why does anyone pay attention to that guy? I never heard of him.

Hey won an Emmy for a radio show he had a decade or so ago.
Posted By: dave1251

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by irv

Organization does not breed competence nor ability. Some of the most organized people I have worked for are so incompetent I would not allow them to lead a fat colony to a buffet because they would get lost.
Posted By: Direct_Rejection

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SirTanon

He needs to stop trying to tell people about oil. Clearly he's just schilling now.

madeej11 is sleeping on the job.

Not that I give a farthing,
but Scotty is clearly shilling for schillings.

Sorry, I could not resist.
Posted By: Garak

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/12/18 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Hey won an Emmy for a radio show he had a decade or so ago.

Speaking of confirmation bias....

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/13/18 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by irv

Organization does not breed competence nor ability. Some of the most organized people I have worked for are so incompetent I would not allow them to lead a fat colony to a buffet because they would get lost.

I know what you are saying and unless I knew and trusted him personally, I wouldn't enter the place if his shop/garage/place of business ever looked like that.
An organized shop means an efficient shop to me. Scotty's screams inefficient and sloppy workmanship. I can picture him, if he couldn't find the proper tool, choosing something as an improvise just to get the job done. No thanks!

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/16/18 06:53 PM

No I'm not. Advice.

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/17/18 10:56 PM

No I'm not. Advice.

Clearly, you've never mistyped anything.

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/18/18 10:18 PM

We all have a chance to preview our posts. Glaring obvious errors should be spotted. Out.
Posted By: PeterPolyol

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/18/18 11:07 PM

I like PP and all, but scotty kilmer aka hillary clinton is once again spouting nonsense. Here's the kicker, he gets paid big bucks by sponsors and youtube to talk schutz that some of the more impressionable viewer will proceed to evangelize as gospel. He's the one that thinks that toyotas are the ultimate and german cars should be avoided, right?

Re: Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty - 10/19/18 04:44 PM

We all have a chance to preview our posts. Glaring obvious errors should be spotted. Out.

Yeah, you go ahead and keep spinning on that one word, which I might add was typed when I was tired (it was 11:30PM).

As long as you're gonna do that, let me provide a rebuttal, in one word. Frame

(click the link)

I mean, I COULD go back and point out all the glaring punctuation shortcomings in virtually all of your posts, but I won't. Have a nice day.
© 2019 Bob Is The Oil Guy