Who makes supertech based on this bottle design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a pic of my walmarts supertech Dino. I didn’t take a pic of the bottom of the bottle but It did not have “wpp” on the bottom. Can you tell me who makes This? I’m guessing citgo

Last edited:
Its been asked before many times. No sure answer and even before it was regonal. Some were wpp ssone were another supplier. Both were good oil.

It meets certificatins and it is not reappy “cheap”. When you consider buyint penzoil platinum or m1 with a $10 rebate is the same price as st could cnventional.

I wouod run st without hesitation if i didnt have a lower cost stash of name brands.

Originally Posted By: Jaha24k
Here’s a pic of my walmarts supertech Dino. I didn’t take a pic of the bottom of the bottle but It did not have “wpp” on the bottom. Can you tell me who makes This? I’m guessing citgo

Not necessarily. I emailed Warren Dist awhile ago and asked about no WPP/WNE/WSE logo on bottom of new jugs. Reply was, no longer putting it on the bottom of all jugs. Wouldn't say how to identify ST oil made by Warren Dist now.

Consensus here based on similar Dexos license numbers is WPP made. Across all regions though, not sure how reliable that is. That said, at ~$15.70 a jug, some Dexos licensed where appropriate, ST Syn is priced right.

You have the old bottle in the picture too. I think it is just marketing, new bottle makes people think it's something newer inside. Unless Walmart wants to tell the supplier, can't know now. I'm sure people make a living trying to design oil bottles to be more enticing to customers so they take them home. The old bottle has a cheap generic look now, old hat.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
You have the old bottle in the picture too. I think it is just marketing, new bottle makes people think it's something newer inside. Unless Walmart wants to tell the supplier, can't know now. I'm sure people make a living trying to design oil bottles to be more enticing to customers so they take them home. The old bottle has a cheap generic look now, old hat.

Yep
But can you imagine Amsoil- sorry AMSOIL. Red Line and the like in a generic black and white block labeled bottle,
Even if cheap most would avoid it.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Jaha24k said:
Consensus here based on similar Dexos license numbers is WPP made.

Is the license based on the formulation/blend (chemistry) or who is doing the work ? If it's just the formulation, so long as another blender follows the 'recipe', it's still a valid, licensed product, is it not ?

You can bet that Walmart watches this so close it isn't funny they don't want one of their big sellers on performing. No its all made to a certain spec (recipe) and with very little variance you meet that spec or you're gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back