Lubriplate motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a spec sheet on Lubriplate 5w20 looks to be a synblend. Let me know your thoughts and comments.

I think their core business is the industrial sector. I'm guessing someone else make the oil for them or they buy an additive package and blend it themselves, which I doubt. I imagine automotive products provides the company with a low share of their overall business.
In my opinion, the spec sheets on some products are something skewed. The purpose is to prevent people from saying things like, "hey look, that Federated 5W20 has the same exact specs as Havoline". So a product can be underrated on purpose to hide its true identity.

My thoughts at first were the same because I never knew Lubriplate to be in the automotive motor oil industry. They do list on the site just about every grade of oil just none seem to be full synthetic.

I guess it wouldn't be impossible to say one or the other they buy and bottle with their name or purchase the base stock and do their own synthetic additives blending.

The price is just too high @ $62.43 12Qt/case

dead post
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back