Mobil 1 EP vs Castrol Edge ext. for annual change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I'm going to run annual oil change with either oil.

I've started doing higher highway miles and will be roughly 30% city 70% hey

Toyota 1zzfe

I'm currently running Castrol blend and will run edge if it's track record has been as good as the M1 EP.

Roughly 10k miles a year.

Thanks again

Ryan

Either will be fine, that engine and driving are easy on oil. Personally prefer Castrol over Mobil.

Last edited:
Either of those would last 10K. For that matter, I would be willing to bet that regular M1 or Castrol Edge (black bottle) or M1 AFE would do that as well in a properly maintained engine. Pick the cheapest and go with it.

I'd go with Castrol since it seems to run nice and quiet in that engine. I haven't used M1 in that engine but some reports of it being noisy. Not that wear metals would be any worse using M1. So I give a slight edge to Castrol.

Either or should be just fine for that car. Our 1ZZ has had a steady dose of M1 0W-40 since we have had it. It has never had as issue, and hopefully keeps its oil consumption low. It doesnt stop that car from having a "rod knock" like noise when it is cold out and the engine is still warm. But other than that it had no noises to speak of.

Thanks fellas. I figured that would be the consensus

I haven't been here in a while, and wondered if anything had been trending with these two.

If I can find it on sale, I might stay with the Castrol.

I've been curious about Mobil 1 and haven't used it in years. It ran well in my Hondas.
I like the idea of M1 AFE as well in 0w30.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back