Mazda Skyactiv X

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, will this oil be under gasoline or diesel?
smile.gif

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/the-maz...gnition-engine/

and a 45 minute video about halfway down this page
https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/the-maz...sp_mid=12041541

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigj_16
I disagree. If the Skyactive were technically a diesel engine (which it probably isn't), any fuel used in it would be technically be a diesel fuel.
If you put gas in an engine for it to run its still a gas engine. If you put diesel in it to run its a diesel engine.

So what do you call 2 stroke motorcycle with a super hot combustion chamber that redlines itself even after key is off and spark plug wires are removed from plugs?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
So what do you call 2 stroke motorcycle with a super hot combustion chamber that redlines itself even after key is off and spark plug wires are removed from plugs?

dangerous.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

dangerous.

*****!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted By: bigj_16
I disagree. If the Skyactive were technically a diesel engine (which it probably isn't), any fuel used in it would be technically be a diesel fuel.
If you put gas in an engine for it to run its still a gas engine. If you put diesel in it to run its a diesel engine.

Both of those are incorrect.
smile.gif

Didn't Honda make an engine like that for a desert racer motorcycle prototype about 15 years ago?

There's a Otto engine and Diesel engine, both got its name after their respective inventors.

And again, Mazda answers to a question nobody asked. I thought Wankel was the new "revolutionary" petrol fueled engine.

Its a gasoline engine with a twist, it will use a spark at low RPM then just like diesel compression at higher RPM.
However it will be burning light gasoline compared to heavy diesel oil.

It may or may not require what some people call diesel oil which is many cases is incorrect as the majority of "diesel oil" in the USA is also gasoline rated in the USA.
In the rest of the world, most of what we consider "gasoline" oils here actually have light duty diesel ratings. Ex A3/B4.

I suspect Mazda will require an oil that has some type of approval for "diesel" or "turbo" to keep pistons and rings clean to insure the higher compression and temperatures of the cylinders that could lead to deposits, remain deposit free.

(this mornings thoughts) :eek:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back