You guys that run full-syn Magnatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it has smart molecules
crackmeup2.gif

And it quieted down my somewhat noisy 4.6 timing chains. Hopefully the so-called "clingy" molecules will make the inevitable timing chain guide failure less inevitable.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Cuz it was 2$ at AZ on clearance
smile.gif

You paid too much.
wink.gif

I got in on the $0.05/qt deal... although some of it was the syn-blend stuff.

Still have not used any yet, have too much other cheap oil to use first.

Took my sisters 11 Corolla and they used magnatec 0w-20. No complaints from the engine . It seems alright. It has/had a $10 service rebate . I think it expires this week.

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
give me the reasons why you use it/like it.

This oil has me intrigued

Because, the engine on the TV commercial makes a humming noise. So, yours should too.
grin.gif

The big reason for me to use it is the bang for the buck. Priced just below Edge yet give full synthetic protection. A lot of users here have commented that their engines ran quieter. The stuff they use to make the oil stick a bit more to parts might be doing that. Who knows.

Why is this oil so "quiet"? Moly? Intelligent molecules? Liquid earplug additives?

Is it significantly different than Edge?

It is thought the intelligent molecules nonsense is probably hinting at some esters in the brew. Magnatec is fairly high in detergents and very high in boron as well, boron will make some engines seem to run quieter.

I love the stuff it seems to be an oil that way out performs it's price point, much like the Trop Artic I was long fond of. I have used it a lot, the Lincoln is getting it's second OCI of it today. Everything I have run it in ran as quiet or quieter and I have pushed OCI's with it and seen no evidence of trouble. Ran it in the KIA 6-7k 4 times (that was the 5w30 blend) and will run the full syn 5w30 in the Lincoln for 8k.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The big reason for me to use it is the bang for the buck. Priced just below Edge yet give full synthetic protection. A lot of users here have commented that their engines ran quieter. The stuff they use to make the oil stick a bit more to parts might be doing that. Who knows.
What is full syn protection?

Originally Posted By: Wurlitzer
Why is this oil so "quiet"? Moly? Intelligent molecules? Liquid earplug additives?

Is it significantly different than Edge?

It has been my experience over 45+ years that all engines run quieter after an oil change regardless of what oil is used. I am unable to remember what my engine sounded like 8000 miles ago when I last changed the oil, so all I can do is compare what I think it sounded like just before the change as compared to after. If someone is able to remember what it sounded like after changing it the last time and make some sort of quantitative analysis per their memory, then they are better than me.

Someone on here said it has some group 5 oil mixed in to make it magnetic.

Originally Posted By: igs
Someone on here said it has some group 5 oil mixed in to make it magnetic.

They did? Someone has discovered magnetic organic molecules then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back