OEM Oil Recommendations From Around The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
As there is quite a bit of diversity in BITOG, I thought it would be interesting to post what the different OEMs recommend for oil around the world. Please lets try to not be repetitive. If you see a post with your exact model vehicle (MY, Model, Engine) in your same region, no need to post same info again.

Perhaps we can follow the following format, and feel free to post pics of your Owners Manual:

1. City, State or Province, Country: Managua, Nicaragua

2. Model Year, Make, Model, Engine: 2010 Toyota Corolla 1.6L 3ZZ-FE

3. Oil recomended in Owners Manual: If there is a chart based on temperature, comments based on availability, etc please list all recommendations. *Attach picture if possible, and translate if in different leguage.

photo1.jpg

Wording in chart: "Margin of temperature anticipated before next oil change"

4. Oil you currently use: Mobil Special 10w30

Thanks and looking forward to all your posts!

Interesting to see 5w recommended only up to 50*.

Illinois, U.S.
2014 Mazda CX-5, 2.5l I4.
0w20, Dealer bulk.

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT, 3.9l V6.
5w30, Mobil Super.

Last edited:
1. Managua, Nicaragua

2. 2014 Toyota Prius 1.8 L 2ZR-FXE I4 VVT-i

3. Oil recommended by OEM:
photo2.jpg

Wording inside chart: "Margin of temperature anticipated before next oil change"

Next to Chart: "If 10w30 or higher is used in extremely low temperatures, it can be difficult to start engine, therefore 5w30 or lower is recommended"

The last 2 paragraphs explain how to read viscosity using 0w20 as example, but the last sentence in the last paragraph is interesting: "An oil with a higher viscosity can be preferable if the vehicle performs at high speed or at heavy loads"

4. Factory Fill

Last edited:
CLARIFICATION: For 3. Oil recommended by OEM, please list what is recommended by the manufacturer as in your Owners Manual, not neseserally what your dealer uses or recommends as we all know this can vary from manufacturer recommendation.

THANKS!

Last edited:
The bottom line is, there are huge areas of the world where 10W-30 and heavier oils are just fine, and in fact more than appropriate. There is no place in Nicaragua that ever sees temperatures of 32 F., except possibly on the highest mountains in the country.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
The bottom line is, there are huge areas of the world where 10W-30 and heavier oils are just fine, and in fact more than appropriate. There is no place in Nicaragua that ever sees temperatures of 32 F., except possibly on the highest mountains in the country.

You are correct Cristobal. Availability is also an issue in some parts of the world, and I think manufacturers take that into consideration. In Nicaragua outside of the capital would be very difficult to find anything other than 20w50 for a gas engine, therefore it would make no sense for Toyota to only recommend 0w20.

It's just interesting to see that your engine won't explode if you use something higher than 5w30!

US territory of Guam - in 02 shipped her to Cali, San Diego
97 Honda CRV - B20 (brand new then)
5-30 on manual and oil cap
Chevy Supreme 5-30 (Costco special) with P1

Originally Posted By: C4Dave
Would also be useful to state the type of approval (API SM, SN, etc).

Good point - thanks!

Originally Posted By: Sawdusted
What surprised me was that for the 1.6L 3zzfe engine 1st post, the oil capacity is only 1.5L(1.6qts). You can do 3 oil changes with each oil change special here
wink.gif

Actually that's what it takes to go from low to high on dipstick. Total oil for oil change w/ filter is 4L.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Here`s mine. Straight from the 1990-1996 Z32 FSM,and a page from my owner`s manual:

28auj2b.jpg

rs4mqs.jpg

Interesting.... This is for a US spec?

Originally Posted By: zeuloa
Interesting.... This is for a US spec?

Yep. This is the USDM (United States Domestic Market) 1990-1990 Nissan Z32 factory service manual. I`d love to see the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) one!

2000 Toyota Rav4 with 1AZFE engine. 5w30 on the oil cap, 10w30 recommended on the manual rear cover if above 0F

toyota+lube1.jpg

inside the manual

toyota+lube+21.jpg

Originally Posted By: supercity
Some North Americans maybe interested in this one

From my 1996 Ford Falcon manual. API SG 15w40 is preferred!

IMG_0003.jpg

Interesting tire pressure of 26psi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back