Armor All Leather Care GEL - good product??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on this product? I have read some pretty bad things about AA but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of their products are bad. Here is what it says on their website:

"What are the ingredients in Armor All® Protectants? Do they include silicone, alcohol, ultraviolet inhibitors and petroleum distillates?
Armor All® Leather Care contains lanolin and natural moisturizers, and UV inhibitors. Armor All® Leather Care Protectant Spray and Leather Wipes contain water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, and ultraviolet light inhibitors. Armor All® Original Shine Protectant contains water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, and ultraviolet light inhibitors, humectants, dispersants and gloss enhancers. Armor All® Ultimate Clean Protectant contains water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, ultraviolet light inhibitors and a fragrance."

Note that it does not say what the GEL specifically contains so I don't know what to think. 18 oz. bottle sells for $5.87 at Walmart so this might be a cheaper alternative to the top quality products. That is, if it's safe to use and is decent quality. I have tinted windows and my car used to be garaged but no longer. By black leather is exposed much more now and I would like to take better care of it. Anyone know if this product is safe/effective? I could not find a review on it anywhere. Keep in mind I am talking about the GEL, not the older regular "leather care".

Hmmm... I guess Armor All's bad reputation has caused everyone to overlook this product?? Anyone???
confused.gif

Got some last year. No opionions either way yet. I've always taken regular AA and diluted it 50/50 with water for use on vinyl and rubber. No extreme shiny look that way.

I think that leather care is very tricky. Different leathers have coatings on them that don't benefit from certain (if any products). There have been discussions ad-nausium on http://autopia.org/

Bretfraz can probably summarize it.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't really find any conclusive answers regarding this product on that site. I will continue to look. I actually decided to go ahead and purchase to test it out on 2 Lexus vehicles. I am almost certain they both have finished/coated leather. So far, I can say product smells nice (pretty neutral scent), seems to absorb into the leather nicely, and doesn't leave too much shine. Leather looks clean and pretty natural. Mine is 03' with black leather and is in good condition (tinted and I used products). Mom's is 02' with tan leather and it is slightly dry/hardened in some areas. I would like to see if this product will actually restore/moisturize her tan leather but it may be some time before I see any remarkable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back