"The World's Most Efficient Lubricant "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tufoil never part of any FTC action.
Also, was in the Guinness book if that means anything.

They should dump the mineral carrier oil for full synth to mildly justify the price.

VOA/UOA of this product already in that section of this forum.

I have used Tufoil also. I never used Slcik 50. I considered it a joke. But Tufoil seemed to have really good evidence behind it that it actually worked. It was actually tested by Popular Mechanics Magazine (I don't think that magazine exists anymore). The makers of Tufoil as far as I know were never fined by the FTC. In was in the Guinese Book of Records as the material with the lowest friction level.

I lost faith in Tufoil because it seemed like they used the same old evidence forever. And people who seem to know what they are talking about and have credentials all say don't use PTFE in motor oil.

I don't even use PTFE containing lubricants (or clorinated paraffins) in my gun. I have found you can use regular cleaner and regular gun oil and grease where you need a lubricant to stay on a place a long time, like with the Glock.

I do believe in Auto-RX. It seemed to work for me. But without any 'miracle' additives a car or truck can go a long way with just good quality conventional or synthetic oil changed at reasonable intervals.

I used Tufoil a few times back in the late 80's/early 90's and I remember reading (at the time) that it was recommended for manual transmissions as well. I think it was a Saab club that recommended it to its members to make the 5 speed less notchy. Would it have any benefit in a modern manual?

I stopped using Tufoil products. But I was going to use any Tufoil product I think I would maybe use the grease and also Tufoil supplements for manual transmissions and differentials and transfer cases. No more Tufoil in the engine. PTFE may possibly be useful in a manual transmission but I would never again use stuff like that for the engine.

I can't remember all of the stuff I found out about ZMax but I believe if I remember correctly it is a clorinated paraffin. I also think it was fined by the FTC but I can't remember for sure. You could check the FTC website.

Anytime somebody makes claims about some new 'miracle' oil supplement I wait and see what sort of things are discovered about the 'miracle' product. I certainly don't go out and buy it and put it in the engine of my car.

I have found that 99.99% of the time the new 'miracle' oil supplement eventually receives some very negative press and perhaps a fine from the FTC for false advertising.

But you can go to a store and find the same quality conventional and synthetic motor oil-Pennzoil, Valvoline, Chevron, Halvoline, Exxon/Mobil, whatever. Decade after decade people continue to pour the same Pennzoil, Valvoline, Chevron, etc. brands of oils into the engines of their cars, vans, trucks and SUVs. A lot of the 'miracle' oil supplements come and go.

The true miracle oil supplement that would stop wear forever and ever in an engine has never been invented.

I first started to wonder about ZMax when they showed a brand new car in an ad (a car model that had just come out) and they said that the car had been tested for some incredible amount of miles. I was thinking to myself-how did they ever put so many miles on a brand new model of car in such a short time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back